Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is the guyatone MC3 chorus the same as Analogman clone chorus?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pacojastorius, Feb 1, 2006.

1. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    just went onto the guyatone website and saw that their chorus uses the same analog chip set, so in fact if the guyatone is based on the EH Clone pedal as well, they are pretty similiar, right?

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Having seen the inside of my analogman mini chorus there is no way the guyatone is the same you just can't get that much stuff in a guyatone box, trust me, not saying the guyatone is bad but it's no analogman

3. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    good to here! ive just ordered one, i used to own the guyatone but it gave my bass a dead spot on the D note on the G string would you believe, it also had a big volume boost that was impossible to work with.but it did sound very cool and natural so the chip is a good one;
    by the way, how long did you have to wait for your clone chorus after ordering it?

4. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
  5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    took me 8 days from ordering it to get it all the way to the uk, very good service

6. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    that's great, i think im going to order his oranger squeezer after the clone arrives:)

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Don't know about that, I just had an orange squeeze clone and it was great on bass but you have to adjust it to much internally, I'd check out instead the Tonefactor Squeeze Factor if you can find one second hand or the Pedalworx Squeeze Blender which will be out in about a month these are the same pedal made by the same guy one batch was made for a shop and the new ones are made under his own name. These orange squeeze clones have a blend knob that basically adjusts the envelope of the compressor so it should be able to go from mega squished Tony Levin tones to lightly overdriven compressor smooth motown sound.

Also the analogman mini pedal enclosures aren't that small, especially when compared to pedalworx

8. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    if its good enough for tony levin its good enough for me, im going to stick with analogman;)