Is the Neotech Mega Bass strap shorter than it used to be?

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by Aaron Houts, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    Has anyone bought one of these recently?
    I've seen a lot of good reviews about this strap, but most recent ones seem to complain about the fact that the Neotech Mega Bass strap only goes to 45".
    I really like this strap after doing some research and it's my first choice, but am a little worried about the length.
    How short is 45" anyway?
    I'm just getting back into bass so it's been almost a couple of years since I had a strap.
    I'm about 5' 9" and prefer my bass on the higher side-though not to the extreme.
    Thanks in advance for your input.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I thought they had a model that would get longer.

EDIT: I was wrong. They have two models that get longer. One does 50", the other 56".

Aaron Houts likes this.
  3. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    Thanks, Jimmy.
    I see them now that I go to the Neotech site.
    All of the vendors online seem to only have the 45" version. It's a great price though: $21.13 shipped brand new. I'm going to try to figure out of that length would work.
    UPDATE: After some initial measuring, it doesn't look like that size is going to work. Though the overall length would be okay for me, but luckily Neotech puts the measurement from shoulder to strap button. On this size, the bass would be too high. It also seems that this is the only size that the big online retailers carry. Most places that have the higher size charge up to double the price for it, but it doesn't matter how great the price is if it's the wrong size.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  4. howlin

howlin

Nov 15, 2008
    I'm Not There
    I really don't understand the problem. I have 2 of these straps and they work perfectly from too long to way too short and I'm 5'10". 45" is from strap button to strap button BTW. FWIW I've also used these straps on electric & acoustic guitars and they've always been just fine. I'm thinking that you're over thinking it a bit here . . .

Aaron Houts likes this.
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    That would be way too short for me. Some people just don't like them up that high. I'm one of them.

Aaron Houts likes this.
  6. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    I was and ended up spending too much.
    I paid the extra, got the longer version on to find out that it was too long.
    The cheap one that everyone has worked perfectly once I returned it and swapped it out. I had to pay for return shipping.
    Sooooo...i ended up paying more than the price of the expensive one to get the cheaper one. I outsmarted myself on that one.

7. howlin

howlin

Nov 15, 2008
    I'm Not There
    Oi! Live & Learn. :thumbsup:

I went and checked mine after Jimmy’s comment and was surprised to find that 45” isn’t as long as I thought...

Aaron Houts likes this.
  8. You just have to keep rubbing it and it will get longer.

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    That's nice.

BklynKen likes this.