Is the New Line 6 Bass PODxt PRO really worth the money???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by terbay, Apr 13, 2004.

1. terbay

Apr 13, 2004
    Colorado Springs
    I'm trying to find a killer, clean Bass effects processor... The Bass PODxt Pro looks promising, but is it really worth $700 (plust extra dough for the foot controller)... Is the Boss GT-6B more bang for the buck? If not does anyone have any advice on effects for da Bass? Many Thanks!
  2. Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    What exactly are you looking for it to do? If it's just effects then no, no POD is worth it, or ment for that.
  3. terbay

Apr 13, 2004
    Colorado Springs
    Primarily effects... I'm not to big on the amp modeling. I would like something that's clean enough to record though.
  4. grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Do a search for multi-effects and limit your search just to the effects forum. Some common suggestions you'll find for cheap and good rack units are the BOSS VF-1 and YAMAHA SE-70/50.
  5. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    As previously posted, the bass pods are meant for tone-sculpting. Line6 does make some great effects pedals though. I am waiting for the day they put them all together into a rack processor.

There is a lot of stuff out there. Good luck!
  6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    if it doesn't have to be rackmounted... check out the new boss me-50b floor box
  7. Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    The gt6b has good effect (boss pedal effects), but the preamp modeling stage really sucks to me.
    I have bought a bass pod xt after selling my gt6b, and i really love it.
    Effects are good enought, and modelisations are very cool!
    Bass pod xt is a professionnal preamp.
  8. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    As a POD owner, I would recomend that you check out other multi-effects units. The effects on the POD are not as flexible as on other units. The PODs primary role is as a direct recording interface, and although it works great as a pre-amp, I think you'd be better off looking elsewhere--especially if you're willing to spend $700+.
  9. terbay

Apr 13, 2004
    Colorado Springs
    Hey Dave... Have you had a chance to try out the ME-50B... I've read in other threads that there is no true bypass and I also noticed there is no digital out (like the GT-6B).