Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is The Sansamp RBI Being Improved And Re-released?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I called GGuitars today asking if they had any in stock, and they told me they had none now as Tech 21 was updating it and re-releasing it at NAMM, and that they should have new shipment in a month or two. Has anyone heard of this or know what the changes are? The website doesn't seem to have any info.

2. :meh:
    I just got my RBI last night! Darn. I wonder what the update is.

3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Tech 21 has a new "RPM" preamp that they say can be used for bass and is meant to be used along with RBI or PSA. Looks interesting.

http://www.tech21nyc.com/rpm.html

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It shouldn't be that-the RPM has been around for awhile now.

5. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

The plot thickens.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I wrote Tech 21 today and got this email back just now:

Dear Bryan,

This is the first I heard. The are RBIs are not being updated, as far as I
    know. Maybe the dealer is getting mixed up with some other product. Right now
    we are just out of stock because this week and part of next we are doing
    inventory and no building is taking place. We will have them ready by the first
    week of February. I do not have any orders from that dealer for this product or
    any other. I personally think they are confussing the RBI with another product.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sincerely,
    Lidia Krajnyk

So the store just goofed :meh: Sorry if I exacerbated the confusion.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Except yours, Dave. She told me yours was obsolete.

;)

Speaking of which, how do you like yours so far?

8. :D

Well.. it looks cool, and the manual is nice..
    I haven't tried it out yet. I'm building a new rig, and I went ahead and bought the RBI, even though I probably could have waited a couple weeks. I'll be getting a QSC PLX-1602 pretty soon, and running the whole enchilada bridged into my SWR 6x10. I can't wait to liquefy people with this set-up! :bassist:

9. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Are you still looking for an RBI? I have one I could let you check out if you wanted to try before you buy. I'm kinda stuck playing the acoustic at the moment so I can't use it myself for now (see avatar). :)

10. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'd love to try one Dave. Not sure when I could get up there though, and I know you're probably pretty busy yourself!