1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is the Shuttle 6.0 Mountable?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aurian4parker, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Is the shuttle 6.0 rack-mountable?

Does it come with what it needs to mount it to a rack?

If now, how would I go about doing so?

And it says that there is an optional foot switch with different signal paths?

What does the whole signal path mean? Is that basically like my graphic EQ?

Also, I'm looking to replace my 4ohm 210 with a 4ohm 410. If the amp only allows for 4 ohms BUT has two speaker outputs on it, could I plug one 4 ohm on one speaker out, and the other 4 ohm on the other speaker out? and still have a 4 ohm setup? Or could I plug the 210 into the 410 and still have a 4ohm setup? Or would it become 2 ohms either way?

one more question... 1001RB-II, or Shuttle 6.0? I play a lot of funk stuff so I need a good slap, and pop tone. anywhere form Jamiroquai, to miller slap-pop sounds. Please let me know. Thanks guys :) And I'm not really in a loud band. We're a trio. I play a racked B2R(350W) and only turn up about half way at shows, and that's with the limiter on and scooped mids. And I'm playing into a short 210 and I can hear myself fine at all shows. Let me know please TB.

Thanks
    -Cheeto

2. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    1.OK, first things first, the tone of the shuttle will literally go wherever you need to be.

2.IMPORTANT!!!:: ONLY USE 1 OF THE 4 OHM CABS!!! Do NOT use both or you will release the magic blue smoke of death for your amp.

3. Rack ears are available, but not included. Contact Genz or oyur dealr and they can be ordered.

4. Footswitch (see rack ears above)... also this footswitch turns on/off the mute, low eq, mid scoop eq, high boost eq.

Hope that helps!!

3. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I'd tried mounting my Shuttle once. My wife caught me and I've been in the dog house ever since.

4. jmac

jmac

May 23, 2007
    Horsham, Pa
    No kidding, when I read the thread title I thought it was going to be a fettish thread.

5. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    Does it look like a sheep?

(A joke for the West Virginia guys).

:D

6. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Seems pretty silly to rack-mount a sub 4lb head.

7. GtenderG

GtenderG

Feb 29, 2008
    yea, I went right there too.

Well done!

8. Yea, but I'd rather rack it because I already have some stuff in my rack that I need and use, and I'd rather just put it in the rack than to carry it around separate from everything else. It's not a Tiny Terror :p

Nope, not a fetish thread. haha.

And yes, you were VERY helpful. Thank you very much :) I think I know what my new amp is. I've played it and love it.

Thanks again TB. I know sometimes I can be quite a parasitical forum member with all my annoying questions, but I still greatly appreciate all the help.

-Cheeto

9. One thing to note - the Shuttle is larger than 1u rack space. Not by much - but it will need 2u space. Also, that would allow it air circulation around the amp, which I think is required on the top, back, and sides.

10. Yea, I will have 2 rack spaces available for it.

11. Doodles

Doodles

Sep 20, 2005
    So racking this with a 1 space rack tuner, would a 3 space rack bag be sufficient and allow the air circulation required?

J

12. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    You should be fine, the shuttle doesn't generate much heat anyway and its vents are on the side.

13. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    1001, it's louder, punchier, reliable, not too heavy, and wouldn't look silly mounted in a rack.

My 2 cents...

14. Shovelbone

Shovelbone Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Yonderville Georgia
    Mounting something as small as a Shuttle would be useless, I would think that you get much more satisfaction and excitement from something more substantial like a big tube rig like a vintage SVT!

15. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    the 6.0 is rack mountable with the optional kit. The footswitch controls the signal shaping circuit (bass boost, mid cut, high boost) and the mute.

As if the 6.0 "looks silly" in a rack....well, I'm not sure. :) I stuff mine in a gig bag.

Rackmount spacing- as mentioned, venting is on the side. Just keep that clear and you'll be fine. Plus, as also mentioned, it runs very cool.

16. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I like the Shuttle better than the GK personally.

9mmMike likes this.
  17. I'd get a rack shelf and mount the amp to the shelf. WV chrome (duck tape) will do it.

18. Has anybody racked one? Any pics?

19. MX21

MX21

Sep 28, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    Reviving this thread to ask some questions about rack mounting my Shuttle 6.0.

Do the optional rack ears span 2 rack spaces or 1? Reason I ask, is I want to mount my Shuttle in a 4-space rack, that has 3 spaces already filled (V-Amp and XDR95). I noticed that the rack has about 0.75"+ of extra space above the top rack position. It looks like the Shuttle would fit in there, only needing one rack space. If the optional rack ears only take one space, that might work. Anyone have a pic of the Shuttle with rack ears?

MX

20. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    two space