1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is the Source Audio Neuro Hub just a re-branded Soundblox Hub?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Spacist, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Spacist

Spacist

Apr 1, 2018
    Dubai, UAE
    Yorkshireman
    Hi All :)

Recently decided to downsize from the BEF Pro to the Manta Filter and Hub after trying to squeeze a Moog Lowpass and 3x Reflex Expressions onto my board :rolleyes:

Anyway....while searching for the Source Audio Neuro Hub locally I've stumbled upon a Soundblox Hub V1, but when checking to see if this has been superseeded by the 'Neuro' Hub I can find no mention of whether this is old technology or whether this is simply a rebranding of the same housing, containing the same parts and same functionality. As I understand it, both Hubs accomplish exactly the same thing. I'm concerned about compatibitly as I'd like to add both the Nemesis and Ventris to my arsenal in the near future so have no problem forking out for the Neuro if I have to.

According to the SA Website it's almost like the Soundblox Hub never existed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

2. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    It is all marketing and branding. The Hubs are all identical. Neuro is a more cool name than Soundblox!! Sorry for the confusion.

3. GMC

GMC Supporting Member

It's the same box of tricks...just repainted, re-labelled and re-branded.

4. Spacist

Spacist

Apr 1, 2018
    Dubai, UAE
    Yorkshireman
    Way cooler!!! ;) Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

rsmith601 likes this.
  5. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Ok....Sorry to resurrect an old thread but....

I've got five Soundblox 2 pedals, a Neuro hub and a Tech 21 Midi Mouse and no clue how to properly connect them...:laugh:....

Here's my guess....

Midi out of Midi Mouse to Midi in of Neuro

A lead from each of the multi function outputs of the Neuro to the multi function in of each of the Soundblox 2's and the USB to a computer.....

Is this correct?....

If so, what are the multi function outs on the Soundblox 2 for?.....

Same question for the Midi out on the Neuro.....What's it for?....

Sorry if this all makes me sound stupid but with the complete lack of documentation supplied for the SA stuff and the fact that I'm a pedalboard newbie, I want to be sure that I'm not going to damage anything by connecting it all up incorrectly....

Many thanks to anyone who can help me here...

6. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    From the manual:

MULTI-FUNCTION OUT (D) (optional): Use a Source Audio SA160 Daisy-Chain Cable to connect this jack to the sensor/multi-function input of another Soundblox pedal.

Manuals found at any of the pedal pages on Source Audio's website. SB2 Manta Bass Filter

Midi Out on the Neuro:

• MIDI OUT: jack is by default a MIDI Thru connecGon. This means that any messages received on the MIDI IN port are immediately passed to the OUT port. The MIDI OUT jack can alternaGvely be used to convert incoming expression pedal or Hot Hand signal to MIDI CC messages. To do this, connect your Hub to the Hub Manager, and select “Edit Hub Hardware Secngs.” Change “MIDI Out Mode” from “MIDI Thru” to “MIDI Out.” You can then configure your incoming expression pedal and Hot Hand signal to be translated into MIDI CC messages using the “Hot Hand X MIDI CC,” “HOT HAND Y MIDI CC,” and “Expression MIDI CC” parameters.

Fat Freddy likes this.
  7. Fat Freddy

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Many thanks for the reply but, sadly, I barely understood a word of it.....:eek:....

Just to be clear, I'm not using any kind of expression pedal or hot hand thingy......

Could you, please, just let me know if my guess as to where the leads should be plugged in is correct....

My apologies for being a dumbass....:(

8. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    The way you have it will work great. Each Soundblox pedal with it's own multi-function IN from the Neuro. Unless you're linking other MIDI-controlled devices, you don't need to connect anything the Neuro MIDI Out.

Your MIDI Mouse goes to the MIDI In of the Neuro

Fat Freddy likes this.
  9. Fat Freddy

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Many thanks....Hooray!...:hyper:...

You are now officially in my will....:D:thumbsup:

Robertron likes this.
  10. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson!

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Hipshot
    I believe the multi out on the pedal is for daisy chaining the pedals together, for use with an expression pedal, or some other accessory, like the Hot Hand.

MIDI Out allows the MIDI signal to essentially pass through the SA pedal, on to another. I have a Hub with 4 pedals attached, as well as a Future Impact. I can't remember if the Hub is first or second, but, with a MIDI controller (I use a Joyo PXL-Live, which is an effects loop pedal with MIDI sending capability), I can change patches on either or both depending on how I set it up. I can set the Joyo to send a MIDI signal to the Hub on channel 1, and the FI on channel 2 (or whatever arbitrary channel numbers you choose) so that when I select a preset, ONLY the Hub or FI changes to the correct patch. Hopefully that makes sense, and clears up your confusion!

Fat Freddy likes this.
  11. Fat Freddy

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Thank you for your help....:thumbsup:

NicJimBass likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021