1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

is the tone on a warwick too similair to an Ibanez SR 505?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vacume, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Vacume

Vacume

Jan 11, 2006
    Im considering buying a warwick $$ 4 stringer in the far future in addition to my ibanez SR 505, but ive been told they have similair tones, woud it be silly to own both?

2. Not similar at all. Very different basses. Not silly to own both. Warwick's have a very nice unique tone that's quite big sounding. I find the SR505's to be thin sounding. I don't think they sound the same. Just go and compare them and see if they sound alike to your ears.

3. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I've had some Warwicks and an SR506. From that experience I can tell you that they are quite different in more ways than just tone. Ibanez basses seem to have an overall crisp high-register and smooth mid-register to them, while Warwicks have that reknowned "growl" to them in the mids. The woods and construction are quite a bit different in these; the natural tones come out apples to oranges. Bear the necks in mind, however. Ibanez necks are mostly very thin, whereas 'wicks have a baseball bat with strings on it :))).

4. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    I can't imagine them being similar. I have played the 505 for years, and its really nice. I just upgraded (cough* Stambaugh cough*), but, the 505 was real good, thin, fast and fun.

I tried a $$ and it was great. I liked the sound on it a lot more actually. Very growly bass with a great clarity too. Owning both would be a good choice, no silliness here.