is the warwick corvette double buck good??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grogsi, Dec 1, 2005.

1. grogsi

Oct 2, 2005
    I was wondering if anyone had played the new double buck corvette and could tell me if it was one of the better basses that warwick have released and does it have the punch of a thumb

also out of all the warwicks which is the best of the current models?

thanks for your help

2. JAL

Dec 15, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    The $$ is insane...I love the tonal versatility. Dont have the honor of owning one, just have played one.
    Whats the best Warwick? That is a hard question, as "best" is subjective for many styles...
  3. Subjective city.

It APPEARS to be one of the more versatile 'Wicks I've seen, and it does look dead sexy. The price tag is also fair.

I would go out and try it though, as "good" differs from individual to individual.
  4. FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    I pretty much dissected it in a different thread. Search for it. It's titled something like "warwick $$ (double buck) a hit". Tell me what you think.

I would agree that it is deffinitely the most versatile Warwick that I have ever played.
  5. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I have one, It's a whole lot of fun, very versitile, hot pickups. I'm still playing w/ it to see what all it will do.
    I have 3 Warwicks and they are all 3 idividuals, I have a Katana BO 4 and an Infinity SN 5. I love all three, but they are all 3 idividuals. Which one is the best Warwick would be a matter of personal taste.
    One more thing about the $$, alot of people don't like the weight of Warwicks. It has a Swamp Ash body and is very light for a Warwick.
  6. bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    So far, my Streamer Stage II is the best Warwick I have played. I liked it so much i picked one up. I also have a Thumb, which is always a safe bet when buying your first Warwick.

Corvettes are decent too I havent played one that knocked my socks off though. I have played at least 6 different corvetted and they all seemed to have an odd fretboard. I mean odd as in the fact that it seemed the fretboard was concave. These were all stock setups and no one goofed around with the action or anything like that.

Thumbs always played well and this Stage II is the best i have found so far.
    There was such a difference in pickups that I had to buy basslines pickups and pre amp to get my Thumb to match up with the Stage II. The pickups and tone is sooo awesome that the Thumb sounds dead compared to it. Not nearly as sweet sounding. The new pickups will be hotter and i shouldnt have to make any EQ adjustments when switching between the 2.