1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is the zoom b2.1u worth it?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jaguar11, Aug 11, 2007.

1. jaguar11

jaguar11

Aug 11, 2007
    Hi,

I've been shopping around for a decent multieffects processor and I think the zoom b2 is what I want. Now my question is it worth it to pay the extra money to get the b2.1u. I don't really care about the expression pedal but the usb port and recording software are something I would really like to have.

Thanks

2. tremor100

tremor100

Jul 28, 2006
    im not sure if were talking about the exact same one, But theres a plastic one, and a metal one. I have the metal one without expression pedal. If your talking abotu the plastic one, get the metal one, just because its way more durable and easy to use. However ive had the metal one which i beluieve your talking about for over a month, and im pretty impressed and satisfied with it. I like the new feature which allows you to change perameters of effects by turning different knobs, much like a analog pedal. I must admit somtimes im kinda like, *** is this knob changing, but thats also led to some of the craziest effects ive ever heard, including one i bother my band with which sounds like a high pitched violinish tone, which kinda cuts out and stuff, fun stuff lol. Also if youve used thier first main multi fx pedal the 506 like i have, they have fixed the whole pause thing, thank god. The only thing this thing IMO is kinda lacking is the distortion. I dunno maybe its cause i use a big Muff, but i find alot of the Distortion on it doesnt sound present enough and just lame. But if you want it for just little effects here and there, and some crazy atmospheric effects, i bought mine for 150 Canadian, and thats a damn good deal when most analog pedals which are one dimensional cost over 100, and it comes with the power supply. Cant say much about the recording software, but the price difference is quite substancal. The Exp Pedal was cool ( i tried it) and u can change it to like do tremlo, wah, volume, and effeect precense, but i had to ask myself how much will i really use that in songs... hope this helped at least a bit

3. jaguar11

jaguar11

Aug 11, 2007
    Thank you, it definitely helped :) I just wanted an impression of it and I got exactly what i wanted

4. FunkQueen

FunkQueen

Aug 23, 2007
    I got Zoom G2.1u, I also own analog pedals like EBS MXR EHx.
    BUt the Zoom G2.1u works also great with my Fender MM Jazz bass hooked up to my Laney 165 watt bass amp.
    I may use its effects with my Sansamp DI box on stage.
    Anyone had a similar experience?
    I really really liked its filter, fuzz, chorus, reverb, delay.

5. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I have the B2. I like it. I think the expression pedal would be cool but I wouldn't pay the $50 extra for just that. I've thought about getting an external exp pedal but I can't adjust all the parameters I would like to with it. If I didn't already have "sufficient" recording equipment I may have gone for the 2.1u for the USB port etc. I would imagine you could get away with using it for vocals, guitar, etc. Then again, when I got my little 4-track it was important to me to be able to record 2 tracks at the same time. I don't know anything about the software that comes with the 2.1u.