1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is there a 1x15 with mid driver - like a 1/2 NV215

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pfschim, Sep 18, 2008.

1. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I am not a fan of tweets in bass cabs. I usually turn the attenuator on mine (Mesa PH 1x12, Walkabout 12 and Scout 15) to about 9:00 (-2db). I also want rig flexibility, so I am focused on 1 x XX cabs instead of bigger multi-driver boxes.

But I do like the idea of having the solid deep lows that I ususally associate with 15s with the clarity and sweet mids that a dedicated mid driver provides. So, I am intrigued by the dedicated mid driver in the Berg NV215 cab, but am not interested in the size and weight of the 2x15 combination.

Is there a 1x15 with a dedicated mid driver in the market that can get the sound quality of the NV2x15 .. only smaller ?, adn preferably in 4Ohms. I know of the Accugroove Tri115, and auditioned one recently. Its a great cab (a little pricey, but whats money for, btu to spend ?? :cool:), but its also an 8ohm cab and that is not optimal for my regular gigging amp (Walkabout).

Are there any other choices out there for a 1x15 + mid-driver in a correctly sized box ?

Too bad Jim Bergantino does not make 1/2 NV215.

2. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    Might want to look at the Dr. Bass 1580.
    I have never used Dr. Bass but they get great reviews on here.
    http://www.drbasscabs.com/

3. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    I believe the Accugroove Tri115 has a three way design too.
    Never tried one. I've tried the NV215 and oh Momma.

4. You should try the Hevos Donar. Has a tweeter, but it is not a horntweeter so it sounds good. Dont know how available they are in your neck of the woods. And it aint cheap...
    But the sound!!!

http://www.hevos.nl/donaren.html

5. or have LDS, NAU Engineering, or Dr. Bass build exactly what you want? Carvin LSX1503 would also fit the bill but is 8 ohm only

6. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    SWR Triad?

7. jamespetkau

jamespetkau

Aug 27, 2008
    Kelowna, BC