1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is there a bass "game"?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cronker, Jun 27, 2014.

1. cronker

cronker

Feb 13, 2007
    Australia
    Hello folks

There are all sorts of phone/tablet games, which everyone seems to play. The constant invites on Facebook say as much.
    Wondering if there is a tutorial/game for bass?

Thanks

2. RxFunk

RxFunk

Dec 2, 2012
    Arizona
    There's Bass Fretboard Addict, that's the only one I know of. More of a memorization tool than a game though.

3. There are various bass and sight reading training apps, which I find boring.

And when you get tired of that, there is iRealb for Android which gives you actual jazz to play along to and helps you learn to read a chord chart. Best app ever.

4. I tried Rocksmith once at my buddies insistance, and it was kinda neat playing a guitar hero style game with my actual bass and it was well made, but I couldn't get into it. The track selection didn't help either, but I can understand death and black metal aren't really as marketable as Green Day and Foo Fighters.

5. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    It's available for the iPad too - definitely awesome!