Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is there a database here on TB to connect Instructors to Students?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by agreatheight, Jan 19, 2006.

1. I am new here so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious - is there a database here on Talkbass to connect Instructors with Students? Or is there a forum that instructors and students can post to so they can connect?

Thanks in advance!

2. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    i dont think so, but i wish. im looking for some lessons.

-jake

3. Anyone know who / how I could suggest this to the TB powers that be? Seems like a godd idea!

4. I see you already have yourself listed as an available instructor in your profile, other than that you can also place something in your "signature" which will get more visibility. I'm pretty sure you can also post a link of your web site.

Having it listed in your profile is the best way here. Any member can click on "members list" click on "search members"\"advanced search" and then go to the drop down menu "available for instruction" and select their state. Clicking on "search now" will bring up any member that is available for instruction in that state.

Other than that there is no separate data base. I think a separate searchable data base would be a lot of work to add to a forum, not to mention it would have to be updated when instructors are no longer available.

The only problem I see with the current system is that not to many know of it. Maybe a sticky on how to find an available Talkbass instructor would be a good idea. You can send a PM to one of the mods in this part of the forum and see what they say.