Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is there a fender Geddy Lee LTD??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by unatratnag, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    Is he trying to claim it's limited edition because he put in EMGs? I've never heard of a LTD Geddy... I could be wrong though.

2. I'd guess he's just calling it "limited" because it's a "signature" model, assuming that production isn't going to continue forever.

Mike

3. A) asking way too much
    B) his feedback is private(must have something to hide)
    c) as of now, no pics are showing up

4. I think the Geddy Lee started out as a limited edition. For some reason they have kept it going. Up until 1-2 years ago, all Geddy Lee neck plates said Linited Edition on them. Now they just have a blank neck plate.

5. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Just judging by the number of people on this board who own one, it seems to be a very popular bass. Fender is smart to keep it in the lineup. My only wish is for different colors.

6. That makes sense, didn't know that.

Too bad he gutted it and put new electronics in and selling it at a higher than new price :scowl:

7. tkozal

tkozal Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    so whats the deal with the one Geddy is holding in the Fender ad in the March Bass Player mag? The neck, but a flamed red, no pickguard jazz body hmmmmmmmm

8. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    He says he will email pics. Also doesn't take Paypal, and refuses to allow anyone to bid who hasn't had an Ebay account for more than 2 years........:bag:

9. and also doesn't want to sell this bass maybe? haha

10. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    Quite frankly, adding EMGs doesn't really up the value... at least not in my book.

11. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    That's false.

He was talking about overseas bidders.

"Overseas..you must be on ebay and legitimate for the last two YEARS to bid...and if you are not..no bidding in any way!"

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    LOL..why would he ruin a nice bass by putting EMG's in it? Now I suppose they are fine for some things, but they are just about the antithises of jazz bass sound.

spaz21387 likes this.
  13. yea really, i love the people that try to sell there basses with aftermarket parts and says its like custom on in this caset LTD.

14. momo

momo

Oct 22, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    They did used to have a LTD plate on them. I kind of wish they would have stayed that way, so when I got mine 8 years ago, I wouldn't have ended up with the same bass as EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD!!

Alas, nothing I ever do will be origional.

15. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    "I think the Geddy Lee started out as a limited edition. For some reason they have kept it going. Up until 1-2 years ago, all Geddy Lee neck plates said Linited Edition on them. Now they just have a blank neck plate."

+1

I too am skeptical about sellers with private feedbacks and, as rule, don't give them my business.....

16. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    That his first jazz bass. He found it in Kalamazoo and bought it for 250 or something. He said it's perfect, and there's something wrong with it, but he doesn't want it taken apart because it's perfect.

-Mark

17. Mark is correct, and has clearly read the Bass Guitar mag from around the "Feedback" release.

That bass was hanging on a wall in a pawn shop and had cigarette burns on it, no case etc.

Geddy's bass tech has wanted to fiddle with it to find out what is wrong with the electronics but Geddy won't let him.

18. My question is why Fender would use advertisements with a bass which is unavalible for purchase? There's no way to get a bass in that configuration from Fender unless you have seven grand for a Custom Shop order and a year to wait for them to build it.

19. To say, "Hey. We did that. Imagine what we can do for you..." Its to give the person looking at the ad the false beliefe that all of Fenders instruments come out that beautiful. They never do.