1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is there a fender jag stang bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Presto2112, Mar 24, 2014.

1. I've seen pictures but in this day of age I don't know if they're actual pictures since I never see any popping up on ebay or anything, for the people reading who may not know what a jag stang is, it was a guitar designed by Kurt Cobain that was a hybrid between a mustang and jaguar. Anything helps. Thanks

2. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Eastern Wisconsin
    No, I don't believe so.

3. No; any you've seen have been custom one-off jobs. Probably Warmouth bodies. Fender has never made a Jagstang bass.

4. devntran likes this.
  5. El Seaweed

El Seaweed

Mar 9, 2014
  6. If only it was a 34" scale. :(

7. Like this?:

[​IMG]

devntran likes this.
  8. That's a 34" scale? That body must be HUGE!!!! I would have shrunk the body & pushed the bridge closer to the edge...

9. melvins92

melvins92

Aug 10, 2012
    NEPA
    Sorry to be so late on the response, but the person who built the Jag-Stang bass (punkacc9) is a close friend of mine and the drummer and singer in our band. Being a bassist I was consulted during the build and currently gig the beast off/on with my #1 (a p-bass of course).

If anyone has any questions about it, post here and I'll reply as soon as I can

Teddy Trap likes this.