1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

is there a forum similar to this for GUITAR?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by quadrogong, Mar 18, 2009.

1. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    I'm a working bassist/guitarist/gear head
    I get alot of jobs playing acoustic as well as bass,sometimes doubling on both.

I need to buy a decent used hollowbody or semi-hollowbody
    guitar and if possible,I'd like to do craigs list or something like talkbass.
    is there a guitar based classified section similar to TB..
    i like the fact that there's a member's fee,feedback system..etc
    obviously there's always a risk,but is there anything fairly trustworthy and secure out there
    that u guys know of?

thanks!

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    TGP is the top guitar forum.

3. I belong to a few, just google guitar forums. You'll be very surprised how many are out there.

4. stabbicus

stabbicus

Jan 18, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    None of this caliber in my opinion.

5. GorillaSalsa

GorillaSalsa

Feb 11, 2009
    TheGearPage is alright, but it's full of men in their mid-life crisis buying boutique amps and guitars for absurd prices (one guy recently bought 2 actual PAF pickups from 2 different 50's-60's gibsons for $2k)

Ultimate-Guitar is full of pre-teen kids (a lot from the UK) starting out on guitar asking for gear recommendations.

Personally, I go to sevenstring.org, which is admittedly full of metalheads, but they're VERY open minded to other guitars and whatnot. They have discussion for 6, 7, and 8-string guitars as well as basses, etc. They're a very powerful community.

6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Don't know much about they're classified section but I've been prety impressed
    with the Guitar forum in this link: http://www.tdpri.com/forum/index.php

Um... there's quite a few of us here on T/B too... ;)

7. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    which of these would u say has the best classified section?..
    if u had to pick one?

...honestly,between craigs and TB i've been lucky..so far.
    maybe i should stick with 'em..

8. Probably the manufacturer specific forums. Like letstalkguild.com or rickresource.com or ernieball forums, etc.

9. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    great idea!
    i bought my Bongo from the EB forum..
    i should try ~Gretcsh for a decently priced used hollowbody with a bigsby..great idea!

10. This may be so but they have a lot of knowledge to share, you just have to avoid getting caught up in the "buy tons of expensive gear" mindset.