Is there a good bass reverb?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Andy Flees, May 1, 2005.

1. Hey everybody,

This question has probably already been discussed on the boards, but I was wondering if there is a quality bass reverb unit out there (even if it is part of a multi-effect rack unit). Also, any thoughts on the bass POD pro?

2. PureRockRoll

Apr 24, 2005
    i love my ehx holy grail reverb and i use it all the time
  3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think reverbs are one of those effects that dont really depend on the instrument. Reverbs just kind of echo the sound, they dont really change it as far as i know. Any decent guitar reverb should sound decent on bass too.
  4. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Most reverbs are about the same....and no, there is not one which is specific to bass....the problem lies in the overall sound quality; the quality of the converters and alogorithms used. A lot of the less expensive reverbs do not sound all that good whether they are used on bass, drums ,vocals or whatever.

The qualitry of the reverbs on the Lexicon MPX1 is very good, as is the MPXG2...yet the quality on the MPX100 is not. Eventide, needless to say is very good. The quality on the mid-priced TC line is quite good.
    I recently tried one of the EBS 'verb pedals and was pleasantly suprised at the quality.

Personally, I use a Demeter analog spring reverb which sounds amazing. Much richer with more definition and character than just about any digital reverb I have used. is pricey, but worth it.
  5. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I also use a Fender analog spring reverb (yes.. it's working again... see my other thread for the reason :bag: ), that is much more rich, thick and warm than any digital I've found.

I played w/ an Alesis, a Digitech, and some other brand (name escapes me) and all of them sounded... well.. digital...

I sometimes use the Reverb effect built into a Mackie board.. and still.. it's.. digital..

All of them work on bass and work well.. it was more a matter of taste as to what I was looking for.
  6. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    You could try the EBS reverb, being that most of their stuff is bass-specific, it might be a good pick...
  7. quatre03

Aug 20, 2004