Is There a Guitar Forum Similar To TalkBass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mickeyw3340, Dec 15, 2003.

1. SWMBO bought me an acoustic guitar for Christmas. I know a few chords from my younger days. Is there a good forum similar to TalkBass for 6 string guitar strummers-pickers?
  2. Probably not. Im sure you've been told that bassists are the smartest musicians alive. so having that said, im sure no one else is smart or clever enough to make such a good, informative, helpful online community as Paul did.
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    this has been asked tons of times...

answer is no, not even close

then our forum guitarrists will add some links and offer help
  4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

We all know that guitar players are the sensitive, intelligent, caring types who like to help each other out.

A great example of this can be found on if it has not imploded yet.

Use latex protection.
  5. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
  6. no there isnt one as good as tb. but there is one i used to visit when i played more guitar i have converted mainly to bass now but i still visit it every once in a while anwyay its there are some decent people on there that know a thing or 2. and if u write lyrics they have a good lyrics section. hope they can help you out.
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    there was a for a while, not affiliated with TB at all, and not nearly as old(TG appeared like 6months back)

but I THINK it went wasn't very big, just starting out, but they had high hopes.
  8. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I don't know of a *general* guitar site that's nearly as good as TalkBass. I often visit the Hamer and Carvin sites, since I own Hamer and Carvin guitars, but those are necessarily much more narrowly focused.

For a while I participated on the Harmony Central guitar forum, but I left that a couple of years ago in disgust at the excessively high noise-to-signal ratio (IMHO). I'm too old for that level of crap. Not that there weren't some great people there, because there were (and probably still are), but it just wasn't worth wading through the ubiquitous nonsense. For me, anyway. YMMV.

I also used to check in on a couple of newsgroups, like alt.guitar, but those were, if anything, worse. Unbelievable squabbles over the stupidest things, and unending petty BS. It reminded me of the old saying about academia, to the effect that the fights are so nasty because the stakes are so small. Again, there were good people, but there was enough crap to make it not worth the time for me.

I don't mean to be a downer. On the positive side, we should be glad that TalkBass, multitudinous warts and all, is as good as it is.:cool: :bassist:
  9. Warning: main(./forums/admin/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/httpd/vhosts/ on line 744

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './forums/admin/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/httpd/vhosts/ on line 744

10. Anybody know if there's a musicians forum similar to this one?