1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

is there a pedal out there?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dbase, Jan 19, 2012.

  1. dbase

    dbase Gold Supporting Member

    Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    That makes my E string sound like a B without buying a 5 string bass.
  2. [​IMG]

  3. So what you're saying is....

  4. RickenBoogie


    Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    No. But you could re-string, and re- set up your bass with bigger strings, and tune BEAD, or better, DGCF.
  5. Crater


    Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    It's intended for guitar, but the Morpheus Drop Tune pedal will do this. Of course it will change the pitch of all strings, not just the E string. But I think you'd be better restringing your 4-string.

    Google 'pitch shifter pedal' - there's tons of them: Eventide, Digitech, Electro-Harmonix, ect...
  6. Just go with a 5er. Keep your E string. I made the plunge into a 5 string 12 years ago and have never regretted it.

    You could try the pedal route, but I think it will disappoint you.
  7. rpsands


    Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    A really good pitch shifter and play B on the 7th fret?
  8. +1. Dont be skurd. If you want the sound of a low B...get a Fiver.
  9. Hactar


    Sep 25, 2011
    Boulder, CO
    My first response: Get a fiver.

    Just to clarify, however, you want to keep the other strings tuned the same way?

    That is, BADG?

    Or are you wanting BEAD?

    If thou desirest BADG, you could perhaps something like a Roland VB-99 synthesizer, which I think would do it.

    But really, +1 on the fiver.
  10. JimmyM


    Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    All the pedals that can do that have tradeoffs...namely, they don't sound real.
  11. BassBuzzRS


    Oct 18, 2005

Share This Page