1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

is there a place to get tab with notation?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by joegonnago42, Jul 3, 2003.

1. I'm a tab addict it's how I learn songs. Which as I see it is a good way to start, but is there a site where I can get tab with notation as well or even just plain sheet music. I would like to ween myself off of tab, but I haven't read music since high school and then it was the evil treble clef. I wish to speak no more of it. I'll never tab-bash and will always support reading sheet music, however I can't do it myself. I lay myself at your mercy and grace.:bassist: :bawl: :bassist:

2. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Try this site. http://www.powertabs.net/

The tabs require the use of the Program 'Power Tab Editor'. It can be a bit of overkill, but when you print one, it gives both Tab and Notation in a very well laid out, beautifully printed format.

As usual, some of the tabs don't match what I hear when I listen, but they can be usefull for getting started.

:bassist:

Good Luck

3. I've been doing 2 things lately: surfing and playing my bass. In my surfing I found a wonderful site that has all kinds of music instructionn. It has a great setup for learning to read music, ear training, and probably just about everything else if anyone is interested it's www.cyberfretbass.com :cool: :bassist: