Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is there a site like this for guitar and drums? -The Megathread.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by barroso, Dec 20, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    do you know if there is a forum for guitar player as goos as talkbass is for bass player? my band mates are green with envy and they want a place to share comments with mature people. thanks in advance

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Don tell em anything! If they can bag bassists the way they do THEY DONT DESERVE TALKGUITAR.COM:D

3. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
  4. For my guitar needs, I usually check out the message board at seymour duncan's website. Theres some real friendly folk over there.

5. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    TB has been great in teaching me how to play bass. my brother is interested in learning to play drums, and i was jsut wondering if there is any site out there that anyone knows about, that would help my brother as much as talkbass has helped me. thanks, any help is appreciated.

6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
  7. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Im gunna keep an eye on this'n.

8. tummage

tummage

Apr 23, 2002
    New Orleans, La
    Drummers can READ?

9. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    well, i don't know how my brother is gonna fare qas a drummer, cause he's pretty sart, he doesn't quite fit the description, but who knows, maybe playin drums will dull him a bit:D

10. I've checked out some drum sites and you will not find anything that is even close to being as well thought out, put together, and maintained as this TB is. This is the best music site I've seen, hands down!

There is a nice little site put out by Billy Ward (New York studio guru) at www.billyward.com.

If your brother is serious about drums have him pick up a magazine called Modern Drummer. It is very well done.

11. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I poked around at drumforum.com and started laughing at the debates and comments concerning what seem to be silly things, like cymbal diameter and drum heads.

Then I realized I've gotten into debates about what constitutes a humbucking pickup, and it all came into perspective.

12. okay i don't get why everybody insists on putting a label on EVERYTHING. i'm a Bassist and a drummer. as a matter of fact a drummer first. I love both mediums both very deeply and I am no sterotype. I mean, it's true a lot of drummers are dumbasses, we all know our share of dumbass drummers, and our share of fat, stinky, rude, guys with a surplus body hair that play the bass. but it should be understood that the majority of the population consists of fat, stinky, rude, dumbasses that are just overall ugly. if those people want to play bass or drums, or even that stupid little minature 6-string toy bass, ( I think it's called a guitar) that ranks up there with tamborine on the macho scale. sorry i trialed off. The point is, who gives a **** as long as your good right? isn't that all that matters?

13. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Uh, what?

What are you pissed off about? The stereotypes that you admitted to yourself? The lack of good drumming forums? Zuh? :confused:

If you're pissed about us making fun of drummers, lighten up. Drummers are the rythm, together we are the rhythm section. We're allowed to rib each other a little bit. I'm sure it goes both ways.

14. i dunno mayeb i'm just having a bad day, maybe i fell left out becuase i'm not stupid or fat or ugly or rude or amelly or any of those nice things :(

15. I always wondered if there was a guitar forum like what we have here at talkbass. Anyone?

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    All I can say is stay away from guitar.com. I lurked at the boards over there for a while, and I'm pretty sure my IQ went down just reading that crap.

It was very... um... not... good. Me eat now.