Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is There A Specific Owners Manual for a RIC 4003?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alex E, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Alex E

Alex E

Mar 2, 2006
    Hi All,

For those who know, can you please advise where I can get specific information for my Ric 4003?

The 'manual' they sent with the bass is sort of a very limited manual for all RIC's guitars and basses. Nothing in-depth.

Can someone please post the website link they use to get specific info on their Rickenbacker model? Absolutely love the bass and get nothing but compliments on the sound and the looks, but I'd like to have a resource in the event I need the information.

Thanks,
    :help:

2. Is there some particular or specific information you're looking for? I don't think I've ever seen a bass or guitar with a "manual" that had lots of detailed, model-specific information in it. (Thank goodness, it's easier to figure out a bass than, say, a DVD player! ;) )

Mike

3. JoeYello

JoeYello

Sep 18, 2002
    New Jersey
    Alex, my Ric also came with a "generic" manual. Try the Ric resource page. Other Ric owners that can probably tell you anything you need to know.

http://rickresource.com/

Joe

4. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    *joke*
    my jazz has 4 strings, 4 tuning pegs, 21-22 frets, 2 pickups, 3 knobs and a push pull pot......... :D. i think my dvd player has less than that;)

people should really write manuals for basses describing how to get differant tones.

5. Bob the Bass

Bob the Bass

Aug 13, 2004
    UK
    http://www.rickenbacker.com/

A great site !! The Service tab will take you to the generic handbook (in .pdf format) but also has wiring schematics, parts diagrams etc

Bob :bassist:

6. Alex E

Alex E

Mar 2, 2006
    Mike, Joe, Donutman, & Bob:

thanks for the input. very much appreciated! I'll check the sites listed.

do you all have a 4003 amongst your other basses?

Alex

7. Bob the Bass

Bob the Bass

Aug 13, 2004
    UK
    Alex ...

I have a 4003 Jetglo and a 4003 Blue Boy, with a 4003FL Blue Burst on order. Fabulous basses ! :bassist:

8. I've had a couple of 4001's, but I'm Rick-less at this point...

Mike

9. Alex E

Alex E

Mar 2, 2006

Very cool, Bob! I had a difficult time deciding between the FG and the Jetglo. I went with FG, but they both are beautiful, as is the Blue Burst.

Are you going to string it with flats?

10. Bob the Bass

Bob the Bass

Aug 13, 2004
    UK
    Good question - the FL comes strung with standard Ric roundwounds (.45/.55/.75/.105) but the concencus seems to be that flats are better on a fretless.
    As I knew the 4003FL BBR would be a while, I bought an Ibanez fretless to "learn the technique" - that came with chrome rounds on & sounds OK, but I can see a bit of wear being cuased by the strings already.

Suspect it will be "experiment time" as & when she arrives !:bassist: