1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is there a summer flu going around?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike M., Aug 24, 2012.

1. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    Jeez...feel like crap. I have been working to the hilt lately and for all I know I'm just worn out. But my whole body has that flu-like ache (you know that feeling) and I have very mild fever going. Stomach is okay. Worst part about it is that I work nights and I HAVE to go in.....like now.

Is there a flu going around?

2. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    I'm sorry to tell you, but you're becoming a zombie.

DUN DUN DUUUNNN

I Haven't heard of anyone being sick. Maybe you just caught a bug

3. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Flu? Not really. virus "bugs"? You bet.

Gastroenteritis being my fave. Then again, not summer-specific

4. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    A zombie? Now THAT I would believe at the rate I've been going!

How the come older I get, the longer and harder I have to work? Doesn't make sense.

5. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Sounds like 'The Creep'. This is what we've pegged it at our house. Wherever you're weak it hits you. Feel tired, cranky, old, fat and wonder if this is just the way it's going to be from now on. Sometimes a week, sometimes it does an encore and you cycle back through everything again for old times sake.

6. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

7. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    I was reading the West Nile flu links....and I saw todays Detroit News here at work with a story on the cover of how rampant that flu is here in Michigan. I had no idea. With the amount of OT I've had to put in lately I haven't even had time to turn on the TV to hear what's going on anymore.

Sure feels like the flu but again, I have been really pushing it and not eating much.

Thanks gang. We'll see how the night goes here.

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Good luck and get well soon!

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    How much water are you drinking in a typical 24 hour period?

-Mike

10. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    I'm guessing I drink about 5 to 8, coffee cup sizes of water a day. I don't feel dehydrated.....but I'm really feeling crappy right now. Might make it a short night. We'll see.

11. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Lots of fluids ...

Eat like a king

Rest all you can

12. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    I worked outside and in factories most of this summer , sometimes in 130 degree heat or even hotter....I ate well... Took electrolyte tabs and drank around 20 bottles of water each day ...

I second my previous post

Although you may have an entirely Different issue

Good luck

Get well soon

13. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    West Nile (from skeeters), and Swine Flu (from the piggies) are indeed going around. Minnesota asked people prone to illness to stay away from the pig pens at the State Fair this year. 5 of my colleagues are coughing their heads off this past week.