1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is there a Yamaha BB club? There is now!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armybass, Nov 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. For Sale/Trade - Yamaha BB2025X
    For Sale - Yamaha BB2025X

2. Rickter

Rickter Bassist for EverCross Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I hear ya... The BBs never cease to impress me. I suspect my next acquisition will likely be a BB735 or a BB435. That is unless I come into some money unexpectedly, then I will finally get an Attitude III. ;):thumbsup:

stingray69 likes this.
  3. For Sale/Trade - Yamaha BB1025X - Caramel...BEAUTIFUL!!!

Rickter likes this.
  4. quickfix, stingray69 and Rickter like this.
  5. any cheap bass hard cases around Adelaide?

6. My '78 BB800 will forever by my side.

7. Thats basically a fender isn't it? it's got the fender style body and head stock. that's weird

8. Body is way different than Fender. It's bigger, but skinnier. The neck is also a flatter than a P, but it's more similar to Fender than the body.

9. yamaha.

Yammybass, ELynx and stingray69 like this.
  10. Another BB with no model on the headstock

akrenzer likes this.
  11. sorry it looks so alike though

12. CassiusS

CassiusS

Jun 1, 2017
    Cary, NC
    I love my BB434.
    IMG_5662.

13. Here is my 97 yammy bbg4. By far the best bass I've had to date. IMG_1610.PNG

Nunovsky, stingray69 and Thumpin_P like this.
  14. The Thinker

The Thinker

Sep 17, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    So I got the BB735 and am not sure how I feel about it just yet.

Build quality seems great and upper fret access is better than my BB425. Fretboard is pretty flat, which is ok but an adjustment. I think a setup will help me feel more comfortable. The matte paint on the back of the neck is also an adjustment.

It sounds very different than the 425, which I wanted. Like the 425, it has a lot of output and a weighty, full tone. P is much closer to a Fender P than the one on my BB425, which I was hoping for (for variety, and so I don’t have to buy a Fender.)

The J is also more Fenderish, which I like far less than the J on the 425.

I like the blend knob! It does give usable options beyond the 425’s 3-way switch.

Overall less fatness than the 425, but more bite and clarity.

I’m on the fence about the preamp—the treble seems brittle, but that’s my impression playing alone. The real test will be band rehearsal.

Will report back after I’ve played it with the band.

BigBeatNut and stingray69 like this.
  15. Wow lotsa yammalovers out there. Good to see. I had to contact Yamaha to find out info about my bbg4 there is very little about these basses just photos they seem to look similar to the BB404 bodywise. I won't be parting with this anytime soon even for a fender lol. I'd like to get it to to johnny lee long over at the hobo depot to clean it up hobo style.

16. great work, that looks sweet. When you sanded the top was the origional finish a photo flame? Nice work pro job

17. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Looking forward to your thoughts about live use... :thumbsup:

18. I have two BB734a. One is dark coffee sunburst and the other is translucent black matte. The black one has more of a resonant deep bass sound than the sunburst. And the sunburst has more treble and is brighter with a more articulated sound.

BigBeatNut likes this.
  19. They're visually similar, but feel a lot different in your hands. The BB body is taller and thinner than a Fender P and the neck profile is different. Tonally they're also pretty different.

20. yeah my bb200 with a br170y neck swap is quite thin compared to my squire p-bass fender the bb has a medium tone while my fender has a deep tone.