1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is there a Yamaha BB club? There is now!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armybass, Nov 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. CiaranQ

CiaranQ

Jan 23, 2018
    Just got confirmation direct from Yamaha themselves. The BB series with rosewood is effectively discontinued in Australia (Thanks CITES), to be replaced by a non-rosewood fretboard in the future.

So, no new stock of the current BB basses will be coming to Australia. Not sure if this affects other countries, but I am sure it will in some way.

So, if you see one, buy one!

I'm glad I did. :)

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Pbassmanca likes this.
  2. JulienP.

JulienP.

Jan 28, 2016
    Netherlands
    I have the BB1100S Taiwanese, and I find the pickups sounding a bit too harsh. Im planning to swap them for the DiMarzio DP126, or the EMG Geezer.
    Would it fit into the holes without major adjustments? Or do I need new plastic plates around it?
    Thanks!
    20180530_071719.

3. the preamp may be contributing to the harshness as well

Pbassmanca and JulienP. like this.
  4. JulienP.

JulienP.

Jan 28, 2016
    Netherlands
    I play it always on passive, preamp is turned off.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  5. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca Heavily favouring the neck pickup... Supporting Member

I wonder if that bass has similar ceramic pickups to the BB424x? Because I have mentioned before on this thread that I find the pickups rather harsh on that bass, at least much more aggressive than I am looking for in my sound with rotosound stainless steel strings.

FJBass82 and JulienP. like this.
  6. i cant wait for next friday going to play under the bridge. my friend and i are first up!

Pbassmanca likes this.
  7. CiaranQ

CiaranQ

Jan 23, 2018
    The BB735A Black Satin Transparent has arrived! Very nice, just like my Dark Coffee Sunburst one... :)

IMG_8132.JPG

Attached Files:

quickfix, zbigniew, Rickter and 6 others like this.
  8. oh wow that looks awesome.

Pbassmanca and armybass like this.
  9. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    A311C46D-AE86-4DC7-8AB1-EFCB7AE450AF. 7E74738E-9AA9-41CD-91DA-518617A0DB20. 6E1134B1-B91F-4648-9983-B0A52D20A648. 3244506A-F02B-4DC8-BDC3-2205078FE114.
    Well it’s been nearly 7 years.... but guess who is coming home.

Yep tomorrow I’m expecting this to be delivered and I’ll be back in the BB Club after a very long hiatus.

FJBass82, zbigniew, Rickter and 3 others like this.
  10. can i just thank you for starting this group. i have made a lot more friends and gained a lot more knowledge about my bass.

11. just to think this group has been on 28 days before i was born. wow

Pbassmanca and armybass like this.
  12. Do they sound different? My black 734 sounds darker than the coffee 734.

Nunovsky likes this.
  13. CiaranQ

CiaranQ

Jan 23, 2018
    I’ll have to get back to you on that one, the black satin’s strings are still new and have that roundwound zing. Once they settle in a bit, I’ll test that theory.

I do like how the black satin is slightly transparent, so you can see the layered body on the edge. Very nicely done.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Pbassmanca likes this.
  14. Oh the GAS pains...! These pains were supposed to go away when I got my new TRBX505 three weeks ago, but no such luck, thanks to this black beauty.

One question, just out of curiosity...
    Do you know what's underneath that pickguard? Is it hiding something ugly like most Fenders?

Pbassmanca likes this.
  15. @CiaranQ ...
    That looks like a nice gig bag, not like the cheap flimsy one from Fender. Would you mind letting me have a peek inside?

16. CiaranQ

CiaranQ

Jan 23, 2018
    Hey Michael, yep can do. I haven't got it on me tonight, but will try to remember to take a pic tomorrow.

Its nice though, black crushed velvet-like material. Very soft.

17. No rush... Just when you get a chance. Thanks. Meanwhile, I hope you don't mind my drooling all over your new bass... ;):D

18. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    I bet that the black one sounds darker and the coffe burst one keeps you awake at night

I've seen some photos here of some that had their pickguards removed and they look great.

BigBeatNut and Pbassmanca like this.
  19. See my photo earlier in this thread:

Nunovsky, Rickter and Pbassmanca like this.
  20. Thanks. Looks great sans PG. I almost wish they came without the PG right from the factory.

Rickter and Pbassmanca like this.