1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is there a Yamaha BB club? There is now!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armybass, Nov 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I bought a new 735a recently. It needed the nut lowered, proper foam under the pickups, a professional setup and new strings. Don't write off a nice bass until it's properly set up with new strings. My lesson learned.

2. whamni

whamni

Jul 16, 2017
    U.K
    Funny thing I replaced the pickup foam with springs on the screws, a lot easier adjusted now, IMO.
    As you say, when the bass is set up right, it's a killer.
    I'm loving it lol

3. MMMMMMM yummy, I want one so bad but they don't make them left-handed!

Pbassmanca likes this.
  4. My beloved BB1100s I have had this bass since I was 14/15. It set the bar on all basses to follow. Can I have a number please?

Attached Files:

5. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Nice! :bassist:

I don't believe there are actual numbers in this club though.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I may sell my 735a....just sits in the case. Everytime I want a more traditional sound I reach for my BB300. That little BB300 is unreal. It has a Nordstrand NP4v. Have been able to live without the low B.

stingray69 likes this.
  7. Oh I just presumed as some “clubs” do lol.

Rickter and stingray69 like this.
  8. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Roscoe Basses, 64 Audio IEM, GHS Strings
    Just got this BB2024x in on a trade and its unbelievable.

Has anyone a/b’ed one of these against a BBP34? Also curious how these stand up to the older MIJ BBs.

Attached Files:

9. Hnz

Hnz

Jul 13, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Great bass! Congrats!

Adam Wright likes this.
  10. Troberts 98

Troberts 98

Jan 30, 2017
    I just recently bought a used 1024X and it’s killer can only imagine how nice the 2024 is. Love it! Congrats

Adam Wright likes this.
  11. Corto14

Corto14

Feb 6, 2019
    Italy
    Weird question: Could someone show some pictures of the gig bag that come with the 734/5 model, please? I'd like to see the internal padding thanks

12. odarellmc

odarellmc

Jul 8, 2012
    Chicago
    You're bass purchase is based on the quality of the gig bag?

13. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    It's an average gig bag, better than a cheap Fender but not as padded as a more expensive Gator or even more expensive Mono

Corto14 likes this.
  14. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    While not as "lux" as a Mono, or other aftermarket gig bag... I'd say the Yammie bag is still slightly "above average"; it's even slightly better than the Warwick gig bag my "long ago and far away" 1988 Thumb Bass was supplied with... but that was then.;)

15. Corto14

Corto14

Feb 6, 2019
    Italy
    Nope, just curiosity. I found a pretty good gig bad on sale and I wanna compare it with the one that comes with the bass, which I've read is above average.

16. Corto14

Corto14

Feb 6, 2019
    Italy
    Thanks for your reply
    How would you compare it with this one? Better or worse? Just for reference. The one I've linked has a 30 mm padding and seems quite protective, but non very comfortable on the shoulders (especially during fall/winter, with heavier clothing)
    Serie JB - Stefy Line / Factory

17. odarellmc

odarellmc

Jul 8, 2012
    Chicago
    Ok so it's pretty much the same maybe bigger pockets..i never expect much for a bag that comes with the bass you mostly always have to invest in something else that's more protective....

Jonny_Orange and Corto14 like this.
  18. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    the yamaha bag has a strap for the neck but it doesn't have that cushioned piece that the neck sits in to keep it more stable in the center of the bag
    the handles and straps are flimsier than other aftermarket brand bags.
    see pics from the quote below
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    If you'll be slinging the bass across your back and using those shoulder straps consistently, then yeah - you might want to invest in something a bit more structurally reinforced than the Yammie bag; especially as concerns the points where the straps attach to the shell. I feel that the Yammie bag does a good job for my needs... but then again, I'm usually pretty careful about how I tote my basses around! YMMV

Corto14 likes this.
  20. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Roscoe Basses, 64 Audio IEM, GHS Strings
    Just got this very well loved MIJ BB1100s off Reverb and taking it out on the road this weekend. Still tweaking the setup a bit but it plays great. Someone really futzed with one of the strap button holes as I’m having a hard time keeping the button in there. Tried the toothpick trick and hoping it holds. Tonally it’s an absolute beast. Definitely much more modern/brighter than my BB2024x despite being 30 years older.

Attached Files:

zbigniew, Jonny_Orange and raal like this.