1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is there a Yamaha BB club? There is now!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armybass, Nov 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    I understand the overall weights are lower in the current series than in the last generation of the BB series. That weight seems quite possible - especially for a 4-string.

You could probably shave off another 1/2lb or so by replacing the tuners with some Hipshot UltraLite tuning gears.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  2. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Roscoe Basses, 64 Audio IEM, GHS Strings

Love my 2024x

Nunovsky, 59jazz and stingray69 like this.
  3. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    The pickups are identical on both the 2024 and 2024X - the only main difference, IIRC, is the "X" series has a pickguard.

59jazz likes this.
  4. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

GAHHH!!! This is crazy! Diggin' the sound of the bar mag pups, but favor the structural enhancements of the BBP34. I'd go for a 2024X right now, but I'm finding that this model is heavier than the BBP34?
    There's also a BB1100S in the TB classifieds. It's lie enough....not into the pre, but it has passive switching. Just not sure about how stable the neck shaft is; looks to be flat sawn.

5. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Tough call, that was kinda my predicament too - I love the aesthetics of the "X" series, but the structural enhancements of the current line sound intriguing - and the lighter weights are always welcome. Ultimately, I decided to stay with the X series obviously. Structural enhancements or not, I think would still prefer the warmer growl of the X series pickups.

But then again, the pickups are more user replaceable than they've ever been. But doubtful you'd be able to find a pair of bar magnets pickups from a BB2024 to drop in (unless those can be bought directly from Yamaha). So yeah - lots of things to weigh in the scope of deciding which model would best suite you.

59jazz likes this.
  6. skycruiser

skycruiser

Jan 15, 2019
    Texas
    Just checking in to join this club with my new sunburst BB434 which I'm loving so far. Had it about 2 weeks and has me practicing an hour each night just because it's so fun to play. My first electric bass in 20 years and I'm really happy with my choice. Time to scroll through this 193 page thread to get caught up on BBs.

7. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Congrats on the BB434! :bassist::hyper:

skycruiser likes this.
  8. There's a 2025x for sale in my city. I already have a BB5GS and two other basses. the 2025x is at a pawn shop for about $700.

LaterZ!
    Darren!!

9. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Roscoe Basses, 64 Audio IEM, GHS Strings
    that would be mine and the neck is just fine

59jazz likes this.
  10. Yesterday I found out about this model, the Yamaha BB V. I fell in love with it. Do you guys know something about it?

Screenshot_20191009-215542(1).

stingray69 likes this.
  11. odarellmc

odarellmc

Jul 8, 2012
    Chicago
    What wrong with the pre amp and pick ups?

12. 59jazz

Thanks chiming in Adam, no disrespect for your neck, I just favor the 5 pc laminated necks. Still thinking about yours.

13. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    That's an amazing price for a 2025x!

Nunovsky and Penphoe like this.
  14. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Wow, I've not heard of that model - beautiful color too!. Perhaps some who has some onfo on these might chime in. In the meantime, I did see there was another BBV model currently on E-bay in black.

javi_bassist likes this.
  15. Forgot to mention that I'm Canadian so that's in Canadian dollars. For you Americans, knock off about 25-30%.

LaterZ!
    Darren!!

Nunovsky and stingray69 like this.
  16. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Yowza! :woot:

That's practically giving it away!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Nunovsky likes this.
  17. Rickter

Rickter Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    If you follow Erik Arko on YouTube, he replaced the electronics in one with a Dimarizio WillPower at the neck and added a Darkglass ToneCapsule. Plenty of videos where he uses it so you can hear it.

18. I also thought about changing the pre and pickups. I have Aguilar pickups in my Jazz bass and I love them. However, I finally left the 735 with the stock ones. I might change them in the 734, but I'm liking the stock ones more each day, so I don't know.

odarellmc likes this.
  19. raal

raal Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Minneapolis / St Paul
    So did I, 70's spacing with BB playability and workmanship. If only they made a five string version of this ...

20. 59jazz

Deciding if I should pull the trigger on the new BBP34 on Reverb. 8.6 lbs and $995. Not sure if I’ll ever find one this lite......but it’s blue would rather have one in sunburst.

emjazz likes this.