Is there a Yamaha BB club? There is now!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armybass, Nov 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. SunByrne

SunByrne opinionated intellectual Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Pearland, TX
  2. gigetto

gigetto

Sep 25, 2019
    Italy
    I'll try Roto66....

BrentSimons likes this.
  3. gigetto

gigetto

Sep 25, 2019
    Italy
    A question to the owners.

BB734A and BBPH are the same bass in different configuration or two different basses in character, sound, specs?

4. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    Anyone know if the BBPs tend to be lighter than the less expensive models?

5. Corto14

Corto14

Feb 6, 2019
    Italy
    My bbp is slightly heavier that the bb734a I had, but it has a better balance. I favorite balance over weight so the Japanese is perfect for me

6. gigetto

gigetto

Sep 25, 2019
    Italy
    My BBPH is not heavy. As I remember the BB 734a seemed me a little bit heavier. BBPH is about 4Kg and my old BB350FL whit a giant body respect this is little lighter.

7. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    I see.

8. Windreaper

Windreaper

Mar 9, 2008
    Not to my knowledge. Doesn't seem like they select for weight, both my BBP35s are around 9lb 10z, and the pro models have a decent slice of maple in the body along with more substantial hardware. Hazarding a guess, but you might be able to find a lighter 200/400-series model due to 100% alder body and vintage-style hardware.

Ricky Rioli likes this.
  9. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    I'll have to think about that.

10. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    Windreaper and Deep like this.
  11. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    That's a pretty good price - especially considering the scarcity of the general inventory at the moment.

12. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    The only thing I'd be hesitant about is the accuracy of the description of that bass's condition. I've never bought anything used from Guitar Center before.

13. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    I've had mostly very positive experiences with their used gear - at least on the instrument side of things. I always give it a very thorough look over and check the truss rod for any sign of stripping, that sort of thing. I've never had any issues whatsoever with their 45-day No Hassle return policy either. Plenty of time to check things out, put it through it paces, etc. Hard to go wrong in that regard.

14. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    The BB235 I bought was at GC very clearly described as a return with a broken tuner but that was all that was wrong with it. Gave me $50 off and I got a tuner from Yamaha for free :D

Deep likes this.
  15. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    I think another benefit from dealing with them is you can bring stuff purchased online to a real store for returns.

I remember reading your post but I didn't know they described the broken tuner. How long did Yamaha take to send you a new tuner?

stingray69 and JimmyM like this.
  16. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Took me about a week once I initiated it with Dino at Ampeg. And they sent it to me 2nd day air once they knew the right one to send.

Deep likes this.
  17. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    That's pretty awesome customer service. Free of charge too!

Deep and JimmyM like this.
  18. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Ya, especially since I'm a B-level endorser. We usually get the cheapest and slowest method for everything unless we're willing to pay it ourselves. And I'm not :D OTOH, I'm happy for anything nice anyone does for me, but 2nd day air was a nice touch.

Deep likes this.
  19. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Most used instruments I buy from GC usually have to be shipped from one GC location to my local GC.

Most of these instruments I've usually kept, but I have returned a couple that I just didn't like back to my local brick-n-mortar GC in person. They've never tried to charge me for shipping or restocking fees or anything. Full refund if within the 45-day return window, no hassle. IME.

Deep likes this.
  20. Lowend65

Lowend65 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    A gift for my BB breatheran.
    One of the things that's always bugged me about my BB435 is the crappy stamped string tree on the headstock. With Yamaha's apparently non-existent parts catalog, I'd assumed I was doomed to this for eternity.

Until today
    I'm not even sure how I found this (on eBay) but I give you the BBP string tree

2021-06-01 21.30.50.jpg

The Source, which is bizarre but seems to have LOT's of Yamaha bass parts
    Yamaha Bass Guitar Parts

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    StevieMac, JimmyM, Deep and 3 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021