Is there any bass you would NEVER want to have (even for free) ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ialma, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ialma

ialma

Jul 1, 2006
    South Italy
    To me, anything with more than five strings :) or with weird shapes ;)

2. +1 Some of the odd Warwick shapes are just hideous.

3. ghostjs

ghostjs

Aug 14, 2008
    ghostjs
    Unofficially Endorsing: D'Addario, Lakland
    just about anything that doesnt look classic looking (like a p bass, J bass, Stingray, etc). yeah im very close minded.

4. v1paul

v1paul

Apr 9, 2009
    I think I'd have anything for free... if I really didn't like it I could sell it and buy something I did like :smug:

5. RTL

RTL Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Leander, TX
    I probably wouldn't take Hitler's bass for free.. Well, actually, I would. Then I'd sell it and buy a dozen Roscoes :)

Oh, and just in case you guys didn't know:

Hitler didn't die, he just changed his name to Ken Smith. :bag:

6. Anything with more than 4 strings, active electronics, or a coffee table top. Yup, there I said it for everyone who hates them.

now scuse me while I play my 6 string Rob Allen.

7. I'll never own another Fender! :bag:

8. Yvon

Yvon

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    anything free is good enough for me

9. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley

+1 here

10. Ha! I didn't see the "free" part . . . can I amend my earlier comment :D ebay is a wonderful thing!

11. +2.

12. Brent Hahn

Brent Hahn

Jul 25, 2009
    In the early 70's I was on the road, everything got stolen, and I picked up a Fender Telecaster Bass. Even allowing for the fact that I was predisposed to disliking it by the circumstances surrounding its hasty acquisition, the effin' thing had the weight and elegance of a railroad tie, sounded like dog doo, and broke strings on a nightly basis (and strings cost more then than they do now!). Probably worth a lot of money now, but... bon voyage! I'd never want another one, that's for sure.

13. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    A EBMM "Big Al"........

14. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    I would never own an SX bass. Tried one a year or so ago and had to send it back. Piece of junk.

15. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Basses are like beer and food. The best ones are free!

16. Fodera.

17. BlackMetalAkaz

BlackMetalAkaz

Jun 18, 2009
    Anything made by Fender.

18. I just don't dig the classic look. I'd take them for free, but then I'd sell them. I've got nothing against the tone, just vintage style basses look like toys to me.

Commence flaming.

19. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    A Bongo
    :bag:

But I've never played one either. If It played/sounded great, I'd change my mind. Based on looks however, meh...not my thing.

However your title also says "for free" and I'm sorry but I'd take ANY bass for free. I mean unless it was made of fecal matter, but they don't usually do that.

20. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ

Wow, you posted that 15 minutes ago and so far not ONE SX junkie posted a rebuttal and called for your head?!?! I would have figured there would have been hundreds by now! :D

:bag:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.