Is there any bass you would NEVER want to have (even for free) ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ialma, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Bishop

Jamie Bishop Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Laney Amplication
    I'd rather have the giant headstock bass and the battle ax looking bass than a fodera.

2. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    While I'd probably accept anything free, I wouldn't keep 99.9% of 4-string basses. 5 for me please :)

3. I'd take any bass for free.

4. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    :bassist:

5. RoboChrist

RoboChrist Guest

Jul 8, 2009
    Any kind of singlecut I would immediately sell if given to me, or a beatle bass.

6. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    The bass violin! I hate how that thing looks, and for the sound I can get with it, I can get from any other bass. pretty useless.

7. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    +1 on the thunderbird.

8. Well, everything that has been artificially "reliced" :rollno:

Besides that, I wouldn't buy a Fender (but certainly take it if it's free :smug:)

9. wallshakerpbass

wallshakerpbass

Jun 18, 2009
    I would never touch anything with one of those ''whaleback'' bodies with the single cutaway and the body that joins with the neck.

Those things make me wanna barf!

10. wallshakerpbass

wallshakerpbass

Jun 18, 2009
    +1million on the ''reliced''

11. tttmmoorree

tttmmoorree

Feb 25, 2009
    i really would not want a thunderbird

12. black.rose1402

black.rose1402

Jan 10, 2007
    I don't care, I someone gives me a bass for free, even If I don't like it, I take it just to try to make some music with it .

13. Joe164

Joe164

Aug 26, 2008
    Leicester, UK
    though i think anything that doesent sound like a picked P with the tone up, the only basses i wouldnt have for free are badly broken ones.

14. Lightwave. Been there, done that :meh: :spit:

15. market rate fender stuff - I have copies that are better than my early vintages.

16. I really only like passive Fenders. If I ever went active, maybe a Lakland or MM. But that's it. And sorry I don't really dig Rickenbackers.

17. Yeah. I had lice once. I had to use shampoo that really burned. Why anyone would want that again is beyond me.

18. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    I cant think of anything I would turn down for free. I would at least give it a shot. As so many others have said, I could just sell it if I didnt like it.

However, if I had to PAY for something, (assuming $$ is no object), I just dont "get" Ritters. I'd never order one if I had to pay for it.

I'm not a strict P-bass, J-bass traditionalist (I owned a Steinberger back in the day!) but Ritters just dont appeal to me at all.

19. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT

+100,
    I somehow missed this post the 1st time through!!

20. That was exactly my first thought!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.