Is there any bass you would NEVER want to have (even for free) ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ialma, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would never buy a "road worn" bass. Fake Mojo can only lead to bad things. BUT, I'll take any bass for free, even if it sounds like ****, it'll look good amongst the collection. I dont have to play it.

2. +1 on the aluminum necked basses. I had several Kramers. Beautiful basses but they made my hands hurt in a weird way.

3. limit6

limit6 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    If I got a hold of Hitler's bass it'd be my workhorse.

4. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    To me any Gibson bass. They are prone of breaking at the headstock and neck. A lot of old Thunderbirds and other Gibson basses had bridges that would fly off the body because of the weedy screws holding them on. Furthermore the tone of most Gibson basses is shocking, all rumbling undefined low end mud with no clarity. A mudbucker is not exactly a well designed pickup, and placing it right at the neck only makes matters worse. Oh and by routing out wood for it at the neck gibson made the neck joint weak. Good work all round.

5. i hate username

i hate username

Jan 9, 2006
    Dont think id like to be seen in those pants either. Id say that bass would be right up your steel if you were the type of person to call your kids 7of9 and enjoy argueing with people who was better, Kirk or Piccard.

6. If you ever get a chance to play a G3 check it out.Probably Gibsons least muddy bass,sounds much like a Jazz IMHO.

That said,the rest of your post is spot on!

7. Why do people hate Ken Smith? I played one and it felt and sounded a heck of a lot better than Fender thats for sure. But whats the deal?

And I would take any bass for free, in fact i just picked up a beginner Washburn for free and actually play it (not live though).

8. The bass or the builder? Cuz he does not play well with others.....

9. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    huh? I must be way out of the loop. I never heard anybody they hate Ken Smith. In fact Ken Smith basses are probably the best basses in my opinion, and a lot of other people I know.
    I could have something to do with the particular style of music you play. I don't know... just a guess..

10. ... Please Elaborate...

11. Eh, not a whole lot to say. He used to post here, but didn't really get along with many people, even the ones who agreed with him! :p A touch grouchy....most of the time. :D

12. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    And, FWIW, Spade is putting it mildly, very mildly.

13. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    Wishbass.

14. Ha! He was banned. Like a kid sticking a fork in the electrical socket, we had to take away his fork!

15. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    SX, Squire, Warwick, Wishbass, Cort, couldnt give me one.

16. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    He was banned twice, he made amends once, and bam, gone again, lol.

17. This:
    [​IMG]
    Oh, wait, I actually DO want one of those, for the goof factor.

18. Honestly, his posts made me laugh. Hard to imagine anyone was really that crabby on the internets or if he was very clever. To quote Spinal Tap: There's a fine line between clever and stupid.

19. mulletpbass

mulletpbass

Oct 21, 2008
    any of stagg basses.

20. nonogz

nonogz

May 9, 2009

i just **** my pants....what did he just say?!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.