Is there any easy way to remove cat hair from a carpeted amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Nov 24, 2002.

1. I am currently picking each individual hair off of my newly acquired amp and sucking it up with a vacuum. The vacuum attachments (short of the honkin' rug beater) only ruin the carpeted finish.

Is there an easier way to do this?
  2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Perhaps one of those sticky rollers for clothes?
  3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    In Bassplayer not too long ago, they had an article about this. They recommended using one of those lint remover rollers. They said that a vacuum cleaner will loosen the carpet covering on the cabs. That sounds easier than picking them off one by one.
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Take some duct tape and roll it around your hand, sticky side out. Then let the smooth side roll across your fingers as you drag your hand across the amp. Masking tape works, too. Actually, I would think that masking tape would work better, as it won't suck the carpet off the amp like duct tape might.
  5. Hopefully, I will never have to do this again. Previous owner of the amp had a cat that thought it was a scratching post, I guess. Took about twenty minutes to clean.

The cat hair was intertwined with the carpet and buried pretty deep. Even picking it out with my fingers was pretty difficult.
  6. I dunno, but a 12 gauge pump will stop it from ever happening again :D