Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is there any kind of practice log for PDA?

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by Libersolis, May 2, 2005.

1. Libersolis

Libersolis

Sep 9, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Sorry if OT but I thought this would be the best place...I have a PDA and I use it to keep track of many things from exercise to my daily schedule. I currently set aside time to practice 3 or 4 hours a day, and it has greatly improved my focus and enhanced my progression. I was just wondering if there is a specific program designed for keeping practice logs for musicians?

2. Humph

Humph

May 23, 2004
    Warren, NJ
    I was also wondering the same thing. It would be nice to have a practice log that I could check off on items that I completed during practice time each day.
    My teacher has a weekly log of exercises I need to be doing everyday. I guess it is kind of the same thing.
    I tried looking on Microsoft Word for a practice template I could tweak. There wasn't anything that looked to specific.

3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I don't know of any PDA program that does this but you could always create your own using a FileMaker Pro database and then put it on your PDA with FileMaker Mobile. You could also use Excel and make a spreadsheet. There are programs like Documents to Go that would allow you to use the Excel spreadsheet on your PDA.

Fred