Is there any kind of practice log for PDA?

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by Libersolis, May 2, 2005.

1. Libersolis

Libersolis

Sep 9, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Sorry if OT but I thought this would be the best place...I have a PDA and I use it to keep track of many things from exercise to my daily schedule. I currently set aside time to practice 3 or 4 hours a day, and it has greatly improved my focus and enhanced my progression. I was just wondering if there is a specific program designed for keeping practice logs for musicians?

2. Humph

Humph

May 23, 2004
    Warren, NJ
    I was also wondering the same thing. It would be nice to have a practice log that I could check off on items that I completed during practice time each day.
    My teacher has a weekly log of exercises I need to be doing everyday. I guess it is kind of the same thing.
    I tried looking on Microsoft Word for a practice template I could tweak. There wasn't anything that looked to specific.

3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I don't know of any PDA program that does this but you could always create your own using a FileMaker Pro database and then put it on your PDA with FileMaker Mobile. You could also use Excel and make a spreadsheet. There are programs like Documents to Go that would allow you to use the Excel spreadsheet on your PDA.

Fred