Is there any reason to use something like the JHS Buffered Splitter over the LS-2?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bufferedsplitte, Apr 23, 2019.

1. bufferedsplitte

bufferedsplitte

Apr 23, 2019
    I have an LS-2 and have used it to split my signal in two, one going through a bunch of pedals and my rig, and one going straight into the DI to blend in or as possible back up.

I am happy with the results, but I am gonna record something "proper" now, and I am just wondering if there is anything I am missing by not using a dedicated buffered splitter. I am also aware of solutions like the Radial DIs with the through output, would dumping money into that or the JHS be worth it, maybe?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  2. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    The Ls-2 is buffered and just fine for what you are doing

3. ProfFrink

ProfFrink

Jan 16, 2015
    LS-2 is fine.

I've never done this myself, but I'm told that if you blend the signals, it may be worthwhile to record them separately and align their phase for a slightly better result. Scott's Bass Lessons has a video about recording where the guy (some producer) shows how he does this but IIRC it's in the paid section. His process is pretty straightforward though: He looks at the wave shapes and aligns them.

bufferedsplitte likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021