Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is there any slap video made for sixers?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by dreadhead, Nov 1, 2004.

1. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    Hello! I already have Sklarevski's Slap Bass Program and many others and I was wondering if there's a slap video made for multistring basses... any idea?

2. I havn't seen any vids specifically for 6 string slap, but my experience w/ learning to slap on a 6 is just practice. When I was trying to figure it out, I could slap w/ my thumb just fine but I couldn't pluck for crap. The string spacing was too close. I found that by keeping your plucking fingers really close to or on the higher strings made it easier to "find" the right string. I'm used to playing 5's so the transition wasn't that dramatic. I have no idea if these are any of the problems you're having, but I hope this helps.

3. Darren R

Darren R

Sep 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Bill Dickens has quite a few videos out on slap/solo bass...he's a 7 string bass player, but I'm sure it can be translated to 6 string or whatever as well. Check out his site for more info..http://www.billthebuddhadickens.com

4. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    I'll certainly take a look on that site... thanx!

5. Darren R

Darren R

Sep 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    You're quite welcome :)