1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is there any type of splitter for an amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kingskippy2001, Sep 19, 2008.

  1. Kingskippy2001


    Aug 12, 2008
    My son is going to teach a kid around here. The kid dosen't have a amp yet, can you use any type of splitter to hook 2 basses to ONE amp?
  2. Kingskippy2001


    Aug 12, 2008
    Any help?? Anybody??
  3. Conceivably, you could use a Y-cable. If they're not both playing at the same time, there should be no problem.
  4. MD


    Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
  5. DocBop


    Feb 22, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    For teaching a simple Y-cord will work fine. Most amps have two inputs and can use both inputs and again for low teaching volume okay.
  6. Mark Wilson

    Mark Wilson Supporting Member

    Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I'm gonna move this to Amps.

    They can probably help you more.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.