1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is there any way to buy ice power modules directly?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by javableak, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. javableak

javableak

Mar 25, 2016
    Hello, I have entered the sales page of Bang and Olufsen, I have followed your instructions, I have requested to buy 5 units of their ASX modules from Ice Power, but I only get silence, they do not answer, it is intriguing.
    Does anyone have any similar experience?
    Any advice or idea?

Thanks from Spain. :)

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Are you a legitimate original equipment manufacturer (OEM)? The usual way it works it that you buy an evaluation sample or two, then if all goes well you buy quite a few more than five units. Since I'm not in the EU I don't want to go into more detail than that.

3. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    I thought B&O sold the ICE Power division. Perhaps they have their own office to order from now.

4. Passinwind

Dec 3, 2003
    LOL...excellent point!

That would be: Home - ICEpower

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  5. javableak

javableak

Mar 25, 2016
    Thanks for the reply. Well I try to be a constructor, I have several Ice Power modules in my power. I guess that for me to be able to sell 5, 10, 15 or 20 modules, I do not know, they will need to know what I'm going to use them for, I guess, I'm not sure.
    It baffles me a lot that they do not do the simple job of answering the emails, I have been correct and I explain my intentions well. I suppose that in order to sell the OEM material directly to builders, you must need many quantities. :whistle:

6. Passinwind

Dec 3, 2003
    The US ICE rep has always been very prompt in getting back to me. But yeah, I think you generally need to lay out a very specific business plan in order to get their attention. And keep in mind that the NAMM show is only a few weeks away, and many manufacturers are crazy busy right now because of that. In any case, I've often found that a telephone call works much better than email in a situation like yours.

Also, you mentioned selling modules, but hopefully you mean buying them, right? They want and expect you to sell a finished product, not raw modules.

And finally, there are many DIY'ers and others on Talkbass who might like to see what you've already built. I can tell you first hand that plenty of industry people do pay some attention to that. Yel_wink.

javableak likes this.
  7. javableak

javableak

Mar 25, 2016
    Thanks friend Passingwind. I agree with you, and confirm my suspicions about the attitude of B & O.
    My project is slow, since it is a super specific equipment to be used with the electric bass (mainly) takes many parts machined in Aluminum, 3 floors of PCB, valves, etc ... which generates a job in 3D design and CNC later, it is very compact, so everything must be well measured.
    Now, i,m with the prototype, and from there, build 5 units ... to see how the idea works among my professional bass friends. As this is a hobby, but a little more serious maybe, in mid-2018 you may have the website prepared, the rewiews made and everything well checked. For the moment ... I will buy the Ice Power modules on Ebay.
    Thanks for your words.

Passinwind likes this.