1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is there anybody out there running 2x Bergantino HT112 stack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PCR, May 17, 2011.

1. PCR

PCR

Apr 11, 2008
    Hi All,

I have a Genz Benz Shuttle 9, and I love my Berg HT112 (old model).

Currently I have 2 HT112's, but I keep one where I play and practice with the band, and the other at home.

I've been thinking about running both HT's together, but I've noticed most people are running 1 HT112 and 1 EX112.

If I turn the tweeter volume on one of the HT112's down, will a stack of 2x HT's sound the same as a stack of HT/EX?

If you're running 2x HT112's, how do you set your HT's up?

I'm trying to decide if I should sell one of the HT's and buy an EX.

Thanks

2. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I have an EX/HT stack.

To my ears, the EX sounds just a bit better than the HT with the tweeter off. The difference is minimal, though and a pair of HT's should make a great little stack.

3. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    I have the older HT/EX 112's and I don't see any problem with having two HT's. It's not worth the hassle and potential expense to make the switch and I think I agree; the difference would be minimal if you turned the tweeter off one of them.

4. PCR

PCR

Apr 11, 2008
    Cool. That's good to know. I really didn't want to sell one. They're both in good shape and sounds awesome.

I just wasn't sure if there was a huge difference in HT and EX.