Is there anyone in NJ who could do me a favour?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rusty Chainsaw, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Not sure this is the right place to post this, but here goes anyway...

As some of you might have read , I'm going to be moving over to the US in September! Everything's looking good apart from one setback. I need to get somewhere to live. I've found an apartment I want and can afford, but the leasing office has a policy of doing credit checks on its applicants, and since I have no US credit history, I can't do it this way, so I have to get a co-signer. My girlfriend out there would do it, but she doesn't make the income requirement for it. The requirement is that they must be an NJ resident, with a $40k+ salary and good credit.

I realise most of you don't know me from Adam, so I'm prepared to put aside in advance a couple of months' worth of rent in an account just in case it should all go wrong, but I doubt it will, as I do have work lined up and will be bringing over a fairly sizable amount of money with me anyway. There's no financial risk or any chance of getting bad credit marks, it's just so the leasing agents have someone to go to for the rent in case I mess up, until such time as they could lease the place again. Bloody red tape!

I really want this apartment, is there anyone who can help me out or at least point me in the right direction?
  2. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Rather than going this route I suggest you explain your situation to the leasing agent and offer to pay several months rent in advance. People make international moves all the time, I'm sure you aren't the first person to face such a dilema and I've found leasing companies are usually swayed be money ("What, no's 2 months rent as a pet depoist...yeah I thought you'd see it that way").
  3. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    or just find an apartment that doesnt need this.

i mean hell, my girlfriend did.