1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is there anyone with EBS NEOs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ZolkoW, Jan 4, 2008.

1. ZolkoW

ZolkoW

May 8, 2006
    Hungary, EU
    I'm searching for some days for posts about the NEO cabs, but almost nothing found.. :confused:

I know, people are very pleased with the older EVO2000 series (I am, too - using a 2x10) , but now I'm thinking of getting a 410 or 212... and thinking of NEO.

these neo speakers are even more powerful, if I read the specs... but in real life? am I too suspicious?:rolleyes:

please, report some good or bad news on it... thank you!

2. ZolkoW

ZolkoW

May 8, 2006
    Hungary, EU
    nobody?

the strange is, that I can't even find a single review on the net, except some old ones, which are published on the EBS site..:rollno:

3. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Check out the TB classifieds, there is a guy there selling some EBS neos.

4. I have a Neo 1x12, that I use for rehersals and small gigs, paired with a Markbass LMII. It's a high quality piece of kit - no doubt about that - and, so far, I'm happy with the sound and volume I get from it. Unfortunately, that's about all I can say about it, as I haven't compared it to any other cabinets or anything.

5. I had a pair of Neo 2x12's and I have to say that they are tonally very different to the existing non-neo range. I have to stress my comparison is between Neo 2x12 and non-Neo 4x10 (which is like comparing Bourbon and Chardonnay). I couldn't state if the difference was because of the drivers, the cab design/volume or what-ever but don't expect to go from traditional ferrite magnet EBS cabs to Neo and get the same tone but less weight!

Sorry if that's not much help.

6. ZolkoW

ZolkoW

May 8, 2006
    Hungary, EU
    Thanks for the answers, guys!
    I think, I will try the 410 NEO, and see if it's right for me... with some luck I could keep my little 210, for smaller gigs, and smaller space in the car :)

Z.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021