1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is there anything like ArtistWorks for Bass?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by FunkyWilly, Jan 12, 2012.

1. FunkyWilly

FunkyWilly

May 10, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    I just read an article in the Chicago Tribune about ArtistWorks, which is an online music lesson site where you take lessons with well-known players, and part of the program is that you take video of yourself playing, send it to the instructor, and you have an ongoing dialogue and assessment. It costs $20-$30/month for unlimited access to the lessons. It looks very interesting, and they have some great musicians on the site, but the only bass program is bluegrass acoustic bass. Lots of great guitar, drum, piano and harmonics stuff though.

Are there any similar sites that offer electric bass lessons? What I like is the unlimited access to lessons (so you can progress at your own pace) and the video interaction with the instructor.

Thanks
    Will

2. germ_77

germ_77

Jul 16, 2011
    I am on the academyofbluegrass website from artist works for upright bass and fiddle, I love it.

I also used to use jamplay.com for guitar which is an unbeliably amazing place for lessons, I have been hounding them forever to add some bass content. They dont seem to think there is a big enough demand.

I would sign up for something like that in a second for electric bass if I found a good quality site.

3. rjp69

rjp69

Apr 17, 2012
    It's up now--Bass School with Nathan East.