1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is there anyway to analyze the EQ of a bass master track?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Tupac, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    I have a lot of bass master tracks, is there any tool I could use to analyze what their EQ settings were? Maybe get a graph of the most prominent frequencies?

2. You could use a spectrum analyzer but that would only give you a general idea. The waveform/sound is actually very complex.

3. Har-bal software will analyze the track and show the frequency plot. It's really meant for mastering. But I've found the visual information helpful even when I wasn't applying any processing.

4. Duckwater

Duckwater

May 10, 2010
    USA, Washington
    This.

5. --Vissinger --

--Vissinger --

Jan 31, 2010
    A spectrum analyzer is what you really need.

There's a lot of vst spectrum analyzers available. The whole point of a spectrum analyzer is to illustrate the intensity of signal across a frequency spectrum. A good one will have a setting that shows the max intensity at each frequency slot and this will roughly show the equalization if you believe the original source was flat.

6. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    +1 on the spectrum analyzer

This one is cool

I got a lite version photosounder spiral in an issue of computer music. It's cool in that it's wrapped in a spiral and shows the harmonics stacked up. It's an interesting visual twist.

screenshot.

7. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    Any free ones?