1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is there anyway to bring objects that you deleted in the tray back?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Demon, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Is it possible to return an item that you deleted? Imean, deleting after its been put in the tray.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    So you put something in the trash on your computer, then you opened the trash, and deleted the contents? Yeah, there is recovery software you can buy, or you can take/send the computer to a company that provides recovery service. Neither way is cheap, though.

3. Nope...

4. I've heard it said that even when you delete something, it's never really 100% deleted.

If this is true, where does it go? For how long?

Mike

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yes. There are free recovery programs on the internet. Best place to check first is Download.com. I've used them myself. The problem is that the files you delete often become unusable after deletion- it's a bit of a crapshoot.

6. It's actually still in the same place on your hard drive. It's just tagged as usable space and will still be there until something else is written over it. It sometimes can be recovered after it has been written over, but the more times this happens the harder it is to recover.

7. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    Forgot her phone number again!!

EB/

8. About two months ago I erased my windows user, dont ask why I did it, and with it, all my information went away, that was a week before I have to present my thesis to college, so I decded to buy the following program Search and Recover as a desperate measure. It did work quite good, I wass able to recover almost all my information, and info that was even ereased a long time before. If the info you lost is important I highly recomend you buying this program. I was able to recover more then 90% of my lost info, the rest was recover but it said archive corrupted when I tried to open it.

9. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

PC Inspector File Recovery is free and does a good job.
    The quicker you do it the best chances of recovery you have.
    In the between time, don't defrag, don't do scandisk and don't add big files to the disk.

10. Thanks, Chunk-O-Funk. ;)

Mike