Is there anywhere that has the music with the tabs?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Gandolf Bassist, May 26, 2001.

1. Hey all of you bass gurus I was just wonderin if there are any tab sites with the actual music above it. I like Tab but the only thing is that you have to be really familiar with the song to play it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.
  2. Wow I just read what I wrote and I sound sooooo stupid! I mean are there any sites with the notation with the tab. Thanx guys, and gals.
  3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I don't personally know of a web site that offers both standard notation and tab joined together in one "grand staff." Many books of sheet music and many transcriptions in guitar magazines like "Guitar World" are done that way, but, of course, then you have to pay for the magazine. Too, such magazines offer only four or five songs an issue and those songs tend to be metal and pop. Sheet music books of entire albums tend to be quite expensive, often running $20.00 or more.

Furthermore, you don't state the type of music you are seeking. Jazz in tab is very hard to find. Most of the tab/standard notation that is available is for popular, metal, standards, classics and country music.
  4. Thanx for answerin. Not that it matters any more but I like to play a variety of music. Jazz is great, PUNK KICKS SERIUOS ARSE but tha bass lines tend not to be as.... interesting. Metal is good too. Right now I am trying to expand my horizon and branch off into other styles. So pretty much anything and everything.
  5. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Hey kids,

I just ran across this site, and it's got all kinds of neato stuff.

It's in German, but it has lots of transcriptions (song titles are in English), and many have the tab as well (which I ignore ;)). Check it out.
  6. Hey thanks LUMP that site rocks. Just what I'm lookin for. Thanx!
  7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Lump, that is a cool site even in German. I bookmarked it for future reference. Thanks.