Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is there room for this in a dorm?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yossarian, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    So I'll be headed to a dorm in a few months here, planning ahead, and I checked out some other posts about this but they were all pretty vague, I'm just wondering if you guys think there would be room for this:

Dr. Bass RX212... 24”h x 20.25”w x 15”d.

If not that, I could go for the RX210, which is the same width and depth but 18" height. Would either of those be reasonable? I'm hoping to be able to jam with a drummer/guitarist sometimes if possible, so I'd prefer the 212.

2. It depends on the dorm room. Mine is huge, and we have a few televisions and refrigerators in here just to help use up the space. However, many dorm rooms are small. I doubt there will be a lot of extra space in yours, but you could probably keep things under the bed.

3. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    My roommate is a guitarist, so a good part of our room is taken up by our rigs, so yes they fit.
    When we need the room, our stacks fit in our clostest. My avatar 2x12 fits perfectly.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Lay it on its back and slide it under the bed.

5. Yeah there's room. My dorm room isnt particularly large but I have a place I could put an 8x10 if I needed to.

6. When not in use, it could be your bedside table haha.

7. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Oh go ahead and get the cab. You can always move out superfluous stuff like roommates bed........

8. For a while I used my 210+ 4u rack as a bedstand, then I figured out how to make everything more efficient and it sits under my bed. Our rooms are pretty small though.

9. merrill1

merrill1

Dec 1, 2004
    There is always room for equipment in a dorm room - just get rid of other unneeded things, like desks, chairs, books, the bed. No problem

Between us, my roommate and I had (in a small dorm room) three acoustics, two electrics, two basses, my crate BX200 with 4x10 AND carvin 1x18, his 12" bedrock combo, my peavey bandit, an old 600 watt bose amp and two gemini 2x15 towers with horns (to fill out the sound of the stereo). When 'the band' was over, add two more electrics, a marshall 2x12 combo and a 5 piece drum set.

the room was about10' by 12'

Yeah, either one of those will fit. :bassist:

10. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Not a problem at all dude. *looks around at room*
    Ashdown Mag 200/1x12 combo, 1x15 cab, 7 piece kit, two 1/2 stacks. 16'x10' room. Get both :bassist:

Ray