Is there somebody else beside Musician's Foe?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jerry J, Nov 7, 2000.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Hey all!
    Is there a mail order retailer that has better prices than Musician's Friend on the full line of Fender Basses?
    MF seems to be the only one that carries the full line. Thanks! Jerry J
  2. I have not seen Fender basses sold any cheaper than MF. I doubt that it is possible to get them for less.
  3. i did alot of research about a month ago and MF was about the cheapest i could find
  4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
  5. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Have you checked/called Interstate Music??
    1-800-in a band

I have bought a few things from them and their prices beat most others. They have a couple pages devoted to Fenders that covers most their regular line, and another page to Squiers, and show list prices and "call for price". I would bet that if you call with a MF (what an unfortunate acronym) price they may beat it. If anything, get their catalog.
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You could always take your MF catalog into GC and get that price. MF = GC, you know.
  7. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Now if there was just a GC near here....:)
  8. my only argument on the GC versus MF subject is that for the same price at MF you will problally get a case, any tools, registration, and manuals that fender intended the buyer to get. in my experience GC takes that stuff away from you. of course you can buy it from them if you choose. maybe not a big deal to all but it is to me.
  9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Don't forget Sam Ash.

... which some people call "Scam Cash":confused:

Will C.:cool: