1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is there something really easy that no matter what you just can't do it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Aug 15, 2007.

1. I'm good in the kitchen, I can cook. Not real fancy but I make a lot of really good food. For the life of me no matter what, I cannot cook rice-a-roni. I've ate it for my entire life, I've tried to cook it like 5-6 times and it NEVER turns out even though I follow directions to the letter every time. Do you have anything like that for you?

2. I have a problem with a lot of social situations and anxiety.

Like when I am at college, I have a hard time if I have to go to an office or something in one of the buildings I am unfamiliar with, and then have to find out a lot of information from there.

I will also refuse to ask for anyones help in a store unless I absolutely have to. I think this is part principle, and part the anxiety of it.

I just have a big problem with doing a lot of simple things like that which are easy for most people, yet make me have a lot of anxiety and nervousness.

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I can't fold sheets and clothes.

4. Ahhh you're exactly like I am, I want to call a store to see about strings, but I just CAN'T do it.!

5. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    I can't stop picking my nose.

6. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    A bunch of girls I've met, apparently.

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Make a bed. I always make a terrible job of it!

8. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    sex with the wife:D

9. I cannot curl my tongue like a taco-shell. You know what I mean. Just about everyone else I know can...not exactly usefull, but I imagine the Missus would like it....:smug:

10. Writing neatly. My handwriting has been HORRIBLE all my life. It made school and nightmare. The older I get, the worse it gets. I can't even read my own writing :confused:

11. i cant wake up when i am supposed to. for some reason i sleep in when i have somewhere to be and i wake up at 5 am on my day off and have nothing to do.

12. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I cannot roll my R's.

13. +1!

I also cannot fold dress pants. :(

14. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    my writing has gotten worse and worse ..

also because I write maybe once or twice a week .. if that ..

I'm on a computer all day and can type about 150 wpm!

15. Oh yeah, I can't blow a bubble either.

16. This is gonna sound dumb but my rightie handwriting is now really bad, and I seem to have swapped to my left hand almost completely now.
    I was ambidextrous....

Not that I'm complaining! Lefties rock!

17. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    My handwriting is terrible.

18. I'm exactly the same way. I have difficulty "cold-calling" like FrizzleFry as well. Ironically, I have no anxiety with public speaking (I've given presentations for audiences of several hundred) or performing with the band.

I can't simultaneously pat my head and rub my stomach.

19. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I can never see anything in those crazy fractal/abstract pictures that you're supposed to stare at untill something pops out. Everyone else can always the the hidden image, but I never see anything.

Other than that I can do everything. :)

20. It was National Lefty Day on Monday.

You missed out!

I flaunted it in many peoples faces.