Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is there something that you feel a software application would really help with bass w

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blunk, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Blunk

Blunk

Aug 14, 2002
    Hi,

I have to hand up a basic project spec this coming friday for my 3rd year project in college- i'm doing a computer programming course - i'd love to do something bass related because it would mean i can play my bass and call it research.

Does anyone have any ideas of what i could do? Or is there something that you feel a software application would really help with bass wise? I'm not sure about how well i could do a recording/editing application...but all ideas are greatly appreciated.

thanks

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

What jumped into my mind on the spur of the moment was some kind of bass jam along application. There might be serious problems with copyrigts, though.

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    A program that deciphers chord names and prints them as tab or notes and plays the sound? (Maybe too simple, don't know what level of programming we're talking about)