Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is there such a product? strap button extention?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SirPoonga, Feb 3, 2005.

1. SirPoonga

SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    I love my pbass and all, but it doesn't balance well on me. I am thinking of buying one of those bass braces to see if that helps.

When standing the bass nech natually wants to take a dive. In order to keep the bass in a natural playing position I have to rest my right arm on the body to put weight on that side of the center of gravity and that is uncomfortable.

I tried a carvin the other day. It balanced pretty well. I think it is because it's center of gravity is in a different relation to the strap buttons The left button is on an "arm" that sticks out more.

I am thinking I have only two solutions other than buying a new base :) Try the bass brace or possibly put a strap button on the neck?

Any ideas?

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Freekbass had some metal rod coming off of his bass to attach the strap to for balance....thats the only time I've seen anything like that used. I don't know if it's a marketed product or not though.

3. A simple solution is to move the rear strap button up a bit to rebalance the instrument. Make some tests before sinking the screw and it works pretty well.

4. SirPoonga

SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    you mean move up on the neck?