1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is there such a thing?...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sean S, May 27, 2005.

  1. Is there such a thing as, how should I put it, an 'instant' volume pedal?
    like, a stompbox that cuts in when you step on it, to create a 'custom' tremolo effect...

    let me know...I'm starting to get ideas...
  2. Basstyra

    Basstyra Commercial User

    Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Of course. It's pretty easy to make one yourself !!

    Have a look at the "tremolo probe" at www.zvex.com ;) It's something like that... But more... well, you'll see !!

    The hard part for custom tremolo effect with a stompbox you describe would be the timing. The ZVex tremolo probe is pretty well designed for that...

    Another solution is what is called a "stutter" switch. You press, the effect is on. You depress, it's off.

    The effect in this case is a simple volume control, suach as in your basse, with a single pot...
  3. musicmangk


    May 25, 2005
  4. xan


    Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    are you talking about like a tap tremelo ?
  5. probably...

    I haven't looked much into it...

    but so far the zvex seems to be what I'm looking for...

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.