1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is there such thing as a Sunn 6X10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ryan Smith, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith

Aug 29, 2006
    Chicago
    theres one for sale locally for cheap, but no picture. I'll likely check it out soon. I couldn't find any info on sunn 610s though so now I am questioning it's existance.

2. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith

Aug 29, 2006
    Chicago
    oh cool, anyone know if these sound good?

3. Sunn did a 610 with angled speakers that was around the same time as their Concert Bass head. I thought it sounded great when I played it.

4. I own one. It is a guitar cabinet. I use it for all my highs and mids. Sounds great with overdrive. I imagine that one could just replace the current speakers and hav a decent bass cabinet.

5. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City

That's what I was thinking, as well.....10s for bass players weren't too popular "back then".

6. I am not tryin to say that it would not work as a stand alone. If your sound is very mid heavy and you dont boost the lows it would do well. One thing is the wierd 6 ohms rating. I have been contemplating replacement speakers though.

7. KPAX

KPAX Banned

Mar 22, 2005
    Is there such thing as a Sunn 6X10

Yup, there sure was. Back in the early 70's. I believe it was sold as a guitar cab though. They made all kinds of weird cabs. 6x10, 6x12 (Chris Squire used these from 1973 - 1977), 3x12 (Entwistle used these in a huge jumble with about every other configuration Sunn made), 4x12, 2x15, 1x18 ...

8. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith

Aug 29, 2006
    Chicago
    it sounds like its a little faulty, odds are I will swap out the speakers for bass ones.

9. enderwaves

enderwaves

Mar 6, 2007
    milton, wv
    i almost bought one of these this summer, but the shop wouldn't separate it from the p.a. it came in with. it looked like it may have been packaged as a "sound system" style pa. but i thought that by replacing the speakers i would have a pretty awesome mate for my sunn 215 cab.